Original topic:

NFC auto turn off / suggestion

(Topic created on: 11-04-2020 06:48 AM)
FuadFikret
Active Level 1
Options
Samsung Pay
Hi 
In near future when everyone is going to use G-Pay or Mobile Payment,security for our money transactions or just fine security for our financings shoud be the Priority All the time.
Since i am using G-Pay ,its requires to turn on NFC (Near-Field-Communication) for using it.
The thing i was worried about is : NFC stays active after transactions in G-Pay.You have to go to settings and turn it off manually. 
As a Human we don't remember such things all the time.
I suppose it'll not be difficult for "bad guys " to use this issue (NFC is On all the time) Cause they don't need to know the password,they don't even need your credit/debit card physically to make transactions,the only thing Bad guys need to do to steal your money, is Payment Terminal/Card Terminal machine + Tap (Unfortunately in this situation NFC works even on short distance)
Scenario : 
You are in a subway/bus/train ,going home after work its around 5,6 pm (Usually during weekdays in this time it is A Rush-hour) Lots of people.
Group or Individual "bad guy" has NGTM (New Generation Terminal Machine).Very small and he can easily hide in his pocket, all he needs to do is,get close to peoples bags or pockets(where smatphones are might be) and wait for 1,2 seconds.
If your NFC is active and you forget to turn it off,say Bye Bye to your $$$..

please take in consideration 

Thank you

12 Comments
PókeDynamax
Active Level 6
Samsung Pay
Samsung Pay in the position. Google pay, please suggest at their forum. NFC not build for payments only and works other applications. How is even possible to leak without any authentication check. Mobile payments aren't using physical card number and the chances someone make transactions slim to none.
EDIT: Posssible if you watch terminators 😆🤣
0 Likes
FuadFikret
Active Level 1
Samsung Pay
thank you and very funny
0 Likes
FuadFikret
Active Level 1
Samsung Pay
FYI

727417-cb103f4ca31ec66bf63dbae85de99998_4793.jpg

0 Likes
PókeDynamax
Active Level 6
Samsung Pay
that is google payments specs. Samsung Pay can't do without authentication. Unless you are able find source.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Samsung Pay

Hi FuadFikret, Your feedback is very important to us. Thanks for taking the time to give us your valuable suggestions.

FuadFikret
Active Level 1
Samsung Pay
i might be dont know all the details of how does Mobile Payment works,i was just worried.And if my post is not right,tell me so i can delete it,thank you
0 Likes
Samsung Pay
I think they can design the NHC on / off function like GPS. We can choose, disable/enable while app open/ Enable all the time.
FuadFikret
Active Level 1
Samsung Pay
its already build in quick dial menu,my concern was about patching the OS to " Turning off NFC Automatically ,after each transaction "
0 Likes
Samsung Pay
Yes, this is what I mean. GPS will turn on while apps open. Once app closed, GPS disable. They can do NFC with the same thing. While app open (Google Pay or Samsung Pay, NFC turn on. When these app done, turn NFC off. Now, both app enable NFC automatically, but after apps close, NFC still enable.