Original topic:

Samsung Pay on Gear S3/Sport

(Topic created on: 08-14-2018 06:37 AM)
Cprice
Options
Samsung Pay
For those who are having issues getting Samsung Pay setup on your Gear watch, like I've been having since yesterday, I followed steps mentioned by @Echo and @Jonathan34 and finally got it setup on my Gear S3.

Here are the steps I've done:

1 - I uninstalled Samsung Pay (Gear Watch plug-in)
2 - Backed up my Gear S3
3 - Uninstalled Samsung Gear app from my phone
4 - Installed Galaxy Wearable from the Play Store
5 - Reset my Gear S3
6 - Launched Galaxy Wearable and paired with my Gear S3 (restored backup in the process)
7 - Once pairing completed, clicked on Samsung Pay in Galaxy Wearable to install on my Gear S3
8 - Received notification on my Gear S3 that Samsung Pay is installed
9 - Followed the steps to complete setup and add a credit card
10 - All done!!! Samsung Pay is now ready to use on my Gear S3

I hope this helps those who are having a hard time getting it to work.

I'd like to thank @Echo and @Jonathan34 for mentioning these steps in another post, thanks guys
9 Comments
Samsung Pay
👍🐧
0 Likes
Samsung Pay
amazing!
0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Samsung Pay
For me i didn't need to do steps 1 to 6... I just went into play store and there was an update for galaxy wearable... once updated it replaced samsung pay on my phone.
Still found I had to do a small manual update for the gear s3 then samsung pay was ready to go...
hope this helps any who need it....
0 Likes
Samsung Pay
@Echo, I had tried the way you did and it didn't work for me, that's I had to do steps 1 to 6, but reading your post and @Jonathan34 had got me on the right track to get it working, thanks man
0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Samsung Pay
all good in the end @Cprice
0 Likes
N81
Active Level 3
Samsung Pay
I just reset my watch and it works now.
0 Likes
Samsung Pay
I don't know if you guys have already seen this (probably) but just in case... 🐧

https://www.sammobile.com/2018/08/09/android-9-0-pie-update-troubles-gear-smartwatch?external=1
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Samsung Pay
it was strange for me, I didn't have updates besides the watch. I held the button for 2-3 second and nothing. but between looking at Galaxy apps on my phone (S7) and watch (sport), and going through watch faces for a while, Samsung pay all of a sudden popped up on my watch, I followed the instructions and it had me update wearables, and I was off
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Samsung Pay
Hey @Cprice, thanks a lot for sharing with us!

- Wonchul
0 Likes