Original topic:

Samsung Pay to Gear S3 in Canada

(Topic created on: 12-25-2017 02:16 PM)
RyanJ
Beginner Level 4
Options
Samsung Pay
Is there any indication of when Samsung Pay will come to Gear S3 in Canada? I'm sure this has been discussed, but the feature is even promoted on the Canadian sites of like Samsung and Best Buy, for example.
0 Likes
8 Comments
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Samsung Pay
At this time... there isn't any time frame when it will be offered for the gear S3...
Maybe we will here something early in the new year
Samsung Pay
hopefully next year...but it will only be NFC not mst functionality
akiva
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Pay
where did this information come from?
0 Likes
Alextheangel
Active Level 3
Samsung Pay
so all gear s3 are build same (except the RM-765 LTE ones with additional LTE) , so they should have MST for the ones sold in canada too. only right now is the firmware on Canadian ones are not enable samsung pay (yet). So once they started to allow that. Samsung pay on s3 would support mst, but the new gear sport would not as it was never equipped with MST
0 Likes
Alextheangel
Active Level 3
Samsung Pay
I am looking forward that too, just got a gear s3 on boxing day. and one of the main reason chose this than fitbit is samsung pay. it would be really disappointed if they don't enable it soon.
Samsung Pay
if you look at Gear S3 specs it does have NFC but it has no way of doing MST. Even in the US the Gear S3 model does support Samsung Pay...but only NFC
0 Likes
Alextheangel
Active Level 3
Samsung Pay
that is a false , first of all US version do have MST. second both us and Canadian version have same model number(longer numbers) to same type (class is /frontier/LTE), so I double it would different hardware inside. the only differences are the firmware/OS that would prevent certain app/ functions. So once they open up the samsung pay on s3, it shjould function same as the American ones.
0 Likes
Samsung Pay
hi @alextheangel where is your source saying that the Gear S3 does in fact support MST (on us versions?)
0 Likes