Original topic:

Backup/Restore not connecting to Samsung Cloud

(Topic created on: 03-16-2021 07:41 PM)
A_D
Beginner Level 2
Options
Secure Folder

I've been trying to transfer over my secure folder from my A8 to an A71.

The backup to the cloud is done properly and with no issue on the A8; in that menu, I see the pie chart with the cloud usage listed, last update, and so on, and I could even do the restore.

On the A71, going to Backup and Restore tells me "Cannot calculate usage due to server error" and Restoring fails as a result. It doesn't even list the last backed up date - but it does list the right Samsung Account and can pull it's information, so that's working properly. I've checked on a PC, and the backup definitely exists in the cloud.

5 Comments
Secure Folder
Do you have computer? If yes, try using SmartSwitch backup your A8, then restore on A71.
0 Likes
A_D
Beginner Level 2
Secure Folder
I've gotten the file by reinstalling secure folder but... Is there any way to restore app data from an app in the secure folder? Have about a year's worth of data that's stored in the app data file, but extremely tedious to extract.
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Secure Folder

Hi A_D,

Please visit the below link and check if it helps you. 

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/tablets/smart-switch/m-p/9404392#M3627

0 Likes
Secure Folder
A_D is asking backup Secure Folder from A8 to A71. The problem was backup successfully, but there was an error while restore on A71. Not the problem about moving facebook game data.
0 Likes
Secure Folder
Honestly, I never try backup Secure Folder from one phone and restore to another phone.

Is it possble to delete your previous backup from Samsung Cloud and redo backup again? Also, make sure you have enough free space in Samsung Cloud storage.
0 Likes