Original topic:

Secure folder missing

(Topic created on: 06-09-2021 02:59 AM)
PRSH
Active Level 1
Options
Secure Folder
Hello everyone, first time samsung user. Bought Galaxy M31 last month and I am missing secure folder feature. Am I the only one missing this feature?
6 Comments
Secure Folder
Hi PRSH, welcome to Samsung Members forum. I do not have M31 and I am not sure if M31 support secure folder. However, try go to the following location and see if you have it on your phone:

Settings → Biometrics and security

If your phone support it, you should have Secure Folder option there. See my screenshot.Screenshot_20210609-082923_Settings_45317.jpg
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Secure Folder

Hi, could you check in settings for the secure folder?

Go to Settings > Lock screen and security > Secure Folder. Tap Start. Tap Sign in when asked for your Samsung Account. Fill in your Samsung account credentials.

0 Likes
PRSH
Active Level 1
Secure Folder
Thank you Tallman & Georgine for the prompt response. I have checked the biometric settings and looks like my phone doesn't support it. Attached is the screenshot.Screenshot_20210610-084016_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Secure Folder

Hi, unfortunately, the secular folder doesn't support in Galaxy M31.

0 Likes
PRSH
Active Level 1
Secure Folder
Quite unfortunate to know that it doesn't support in a new phone. All I can hope is some firmware or OS update will do wonders. Anyways thank you all for the prompt responses.
0 Likes
TechnicalPuruji
Beginner Level 2
Secure Folder

Secure Folder  comes pre-installed in Samsung premium series but Samsung low budget series phones are not not having Secure Folder. Secure Folder is missing in M-Series Samsung smartphones. 

You can enable Samsung Secure Folder in Samsung phones easily. Navigate to the location Settings > Lock screen and security > Secure Folder and enable it.

It is very disappointed but don't worry guys, You can still download and install S-Secure app in your M-Series smartphone from Samsung App store as well as from Google play store.

But you can still install Secure Folder in Samsung M-Series phones also.

Samsung S-Secure works similar to Secure Folder that comes pre-installed in most of the Samsung devices with defense grade KNOX security.

But still you can Hide and lock apps in Samsung phone using Secure app,  You can also hide photos, videos, documents and other files using S-Secure app.

The main drawback of manually installing S-secure app is that if anyone who has access to your smartphone can easily uninstall S-Secure app. As soon as S-secure app is uninstalled from your Samsung mobile your all hidden and locked apps will be visible to everyone.

0 Likes