Hey, for around a week or 2 now, I can no longer pair my Bluetooth headset Sony wh-1000xm4 with my Samsung TV Q70A. I was using the headset nearly daily even though it was not perfect, it was working.
Now, each time I try to pair with the TV, I select the device, and it starts the pairing process just when I think it is working; the pairing crash on the Sony and the device is no longer paired.
- Open the TV, go to SmartThing's quick menu, and I can see wh-1000xm4
- I hold the pairing button on the Sony until I hear 'bluetooth paring'
- On TV (SmartThing's quick menu), I select the wh-1000xm4
- I see the TV writing connecting, then connected
- In the Sony headset, I hear 'Bluetooth pair....'. and then crash
- The crash seems to be the voice staled at the end of the word paring saying 'ingggggggggggg'
The sony works well on other devices like computers (windows, mac) and phones (android, iPhone), so I guess something changes on the TV.
I suspect the firmware 2111.1 to have broken that
Current known sometimes working workaround:
- Hold the power button of the TV remote, so it close and also restarts while still pressing the button
- Pair the headset right away
- Open Netflix after
- I could pair it multiple times this way, but other times, I had to redo the steps twice.
Second workaround (faster than the first, credit to TargetPriority there
- Go to setting > General > Accessibility > multi audio output
- Click on Multi-output Audio if nothing is appearing
- Select your Bluetooth device, then click connect
- Audio work in the Bluetooth device
In conclusion, if you also encounter the problem, please escalate it to Samsung support; the more users report it, the more it will get attention!!!!
Reported Sony model related to this problem:
Other TV model affected:
Last update (Feb 3): Sorry guys, I spoke with support 4-5 times, always the same result, they escalated to a higer team said I will have response after 5 days and I'm left to hangup on waiting for replies. Samsung, I lost faith in you, if only you would let my effort knows it is taking into fixing the problem I would consider contnuing buying your product, now I start feeling you are not worth it. This is the last time I put effort enhancing Samsung experience.
On the US post, we are nearly 40 persons having the problem!!!
BTW, support is making a joke of redirect me to a clear your cookie image when I tried to push for more information. This is a disgrace!!
Hi, we are sorry to hear the trouble caused to you while trying to pair your Sony Headset to Samsung TV.
We appreciate your efforts in performing the necessary troubleshooting steps to get it resolved.
We request you to visit the link given below and check if you have followed the steps given.
@Helena, our problem could be fixed with firmware 2401 (as mentioned by Tarvis below), but on the download page, it is not available. Can you provide more info on when or why it is unavailable for our Q70A TV?
Unless you can point me directly at the text helping, I know that my tv supports Bluetooth and my device, and I know how to pair with it.
Same problem here.
I’ve been using my Sony WH-1000XM4 with my Q70A TV for months with no major issues. Now I face the exact same symptoms as describe by plum117 above. Headset crash while I hear the word “paringggggggg”.
Headset works well with any other device (iPhone, tablet, pc,…)
Thanks for stating that you have the same issues. For the record, on my side, the "connect to 2 devices" Sony headset option was already disabled, and I tried using the steps you mentioned but with no success. The only way I can pair is when holding the power button of the TV remote control to do a force restart.
If you have some time, please call or chat with Samsung support so we put pressure on them to escalate the issue to developers.
Have a good one!