Original topic:

Smart Things Audio Output dropdown

(Topic created on: 02-26-2022 12:41 PM)
rick0415
Active Level 4
Options
Smartthings
I can't find the Smart Things Audio Output selector in the Notifications pull down

11 Comments
Ray1
Expert Level 2
Smartthings
There likely isn't a audio output selector for your buds.
You touch one or the other to turn up or down.
Look in the wearable app for instructions how
0 Likes
rick0415
Active Level 4
Smartthings

I'm looking to use that dropdown to switch audio output from a connected bluetooth device to the phone or visa versa, On my S20 I just touch "This phone"

rick0415
Active Level 4
Smartthings
Smartthings

I'm looking to use that dropdown to switch audio output from a connected bluetooth device to the phone or visa versa, On my S20 I just touch "This phone"

S20FES20FES22+S22+

0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Smartthings
Have you tried selecting media output? I believe it's integrated into that now.
0 Likes
Reynaud
Options
Smartthings

Hi. could you please provide us with the model number.

0 Likes
rick0415
Active Level 4
Smartthings
SM-906W
0 Likes
Reynaud
Options
Smartthings

Hi, media output works similar to that of audio output We suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it works.

Tap quick setting buttons to activate certain features. Swipe downwards on the notification panel to view more buttons. To add more buttons, tap plus symbol. 

To change feature settings, tap the text under each button. To view more detailed settings, tap and hold a button.

To rearrange buttons, tap three vertical black dots → Edit buttons, tap and hold a button, and then drag it to another location

Controlling media playback

Take control of music or video playback easily using the Media feature.

1 Open the notification panel and tap Media output.

2 Tap the icons on the controller to control the playback

0 Likes
waqqas31
Active Level 6
Smartthings
Let me clarify for everyone else what @rick0415 is trying so hard to make clear:

He doesn't want to use the Devices/Media buttons to switch audio outputs. He wants to use the faster and far more convenient method of using the SmartThings Audio Output notification drop-down menu, that would list the phone and all connected audio devices and provide a one-tap switching method between them.

This drop-down menu is missing on the S22 Ultra (not sure about the S22/S22+) but was available on Android 12 on both the Note 20 Ultra and S10+.

Let's get to the point: Samsung, when will you wake up and bring this killer-feature back to your top-of-the-line flagship??
rick0415
Active Level 4
Smartthings
Exactly, thanks for clarifying