Original topic:

Galaxy Tab s6 lite battery drain

(Topic created on: 06-20-2020 03:26 AM)
Cammy
Active Level 1
Options
Tablets
I bought Galaxy Tab s6 lite a few weeks ago but the battery doesn't seem to last long. I have it set on Medium battery saver and also set on the extra battery saver and put some apps to sleep it is just a little better.  Any ideas how to extend the battery life? 
0 Likes
13 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Put your battery to Optimized,

How long is your battery's life ?
Does the battery is drained faster after a major Android update ?
Tell us why you're asking this question, what happened?
These are my settings on my Tab S4 , battery's life is around 11 hours with the Samsung keyboard cover that is charge by the tablet
My battery is 7300 mAh and yours 7040 mAh
0 Likes
Cammy
Active Level 1
Tablets
I haven't looked to see how long it lasts yet. There was a system update the day I bought it and turned it on. And having a weaker battery could be the reason and I'm just not used to it.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Next time you charge your tablet, go in Device care and check how many time left in the battery section and tell us.
Also check if you have enable the Protect battery (not sure if you have it on tab S6) If you have enable it, it charge yur battery at 85 % but show 100%...I I
0 Likes
Cammy
Active Level 1
Tablets
I have Protect battery. I will try that too. Thank you.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Don't forget, if you enable Protect battery, your battery duration will be less per day...hope you understand my English and what is Protect Battery
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Tablets

Thanks for the help, Cassidy.

Hi Cammy,

I would like to add some more information to what Cassidy mentioned.

Your device provides various options that help you conserve battery power.
• Optimize the device using the device care feature.
• When you are not using the device, turn off the screen by pressing the Side key.
• Activate power saving mode.
• Close unnecessary apps.
• Deactivate the Bluetooth feature when not in use.
• Deactivate auto-syncing of apps that need to be synced.
• Decrease the backlight time.
• Decrease the screen brightness.
0 Likes
terreror
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

I bought the tablet about a month ago. I can confirm the standby is extremely bad. The battery drain is 20-25% per day with the screen off. The tablet has been optimized to perfection. GPS/Bluetooth/Sync/Protect battery - Disabled.  Rarely used apps have been put to sleep. Cache - Cleared. Latest update with June security patch - installed. Nothing, and I mean - NOTHING makes a difference. The battery itself is solid while using the tablet. I can get like ~ 4 hours of screen-on-time with 25%. Unfortunately the standby is horrific. The rest of the tablets in the house, including my previous tablet (using the exact same settings and apps) drain 3-5% per DAY.

Will give it a couple of more months, hoping they will push an OTA fix. Otherwise I will get rid of it.

Funny part is I already returned a Tab S6 8/256GB.. 6 months ago due to the HORRENDOUS screen uniformity. Decided I will NEVER...EVER touch a tablet with an OLED screen, considering the screen lottery (1 out of 50 is acceptable, mind you, not perfect). It was THAT bad ! I personally tested 4-5 Tab S5e / Tab S6s in stores - they sufferer from the same effect...

Went with a mid-to-low-end class tablet, in the face of the Tab S6 Lite.. So far - the tablet is good for what it is and what it tries to achieve.. The software optimization is lacking, though. Being an Android guy for about 10 years now...seems I will be forced to move to an Ipad, however sad it may sound...

-Tony
Options
Tablets

Hi terreror,

Please use the link to generate the error report from Samsung Members app so that our team can review the Log Files and will get back to you.
In step 5, please select "Application" category.
In step 6, Please check "send the system log data".

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/samsung-members-how-to-submit-an-error-report/

0 Likes
ninifantastic
Active Level 5
Tablets
if you charge your tablet at 100% and drain it till 0%, keep it charging 24/7, and/or charge it while sleeping,the life span of the battery gets shorter. I keep my galaxy a5 2017 between 20%(actually supposed to be 40%)-80% and the battery works perfect. even tho it's an old phone it still works. hope this helps
0 Likes