Original topic:

Move to SD card no longer working after move to version 12

(Topic created on: 09-16-2022 05:37 PM)
waterloo79
Beginner Level 2
Options
Tablets
Not happy about no longer being able to move your apps.  Only having a 32G tablet that is less than a year old being able to move some of my apps was a great help.  Now that I've upgraded it tells me I don't have enough storage to move them even though these cats has 10G free.  Tries to move but fails partway thru.  Hope Samsung quickly comes up with a fix for this.  Was not happy that in fact I had to reinstall all the apps that were on  the SD card.  I am thinking some of the apps that I don't use all the time I may have to uninstall until I want to use them.
0 Likes
6 Comments
Nylah
Options
Tablets

Hi, Please remove and reinsert the microSD into your tablet.

Sometimes this can help resolve the issue.

Make sure the SD card is correctly inserted into the slot or tray.

Test the card with another device. Use the card with another device.

Sometimes, a PC will have higher compatibility with file systems not supported by Android. Format the card.

If the previous steps do not work, you will need to format the card with the tablet.

Important: Before formatting the SD card, test it with another device and back up any important data.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Tablets

Yeah, that's not the reason. 

They could format, remove, re-insert the sd card until the end of time. 

Most apps don't work installed on the external sd card, unless explicitly stated.

It's not a Samsung issue, it's an Android version, but mostly App developer's reason. 

waterloo79
Beginner Level 2
Tablets
Everything worked fine until I updated to android 12. After the upgrade the apps that had been on the SD card just wouldn't work. Sd card us working fine. Have lots of photos and files stored on it and can access them no problem.
0 Likes
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Tablets
Yeah this is a present issue on Android 12, but you can be sure it'll never be corrected!
Google along with other Android makers have already phased out SD cards on newer phones, their goal is to remove removable storage completely on both software & hardware.
Apple-style charge 'a premium extra for more space' is their goal, so.
twelve
Beginner Level 2
Tablets
Same thing
0 Likes
dizzbro
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

Same issue on my Tab  A7 lite after upgrade. Works on my A53 with android 12 though.

0 Likes