Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 5 inactivity reminder do not work

(Topic created on: 10-26-2022 07:38 AM)
Samsung_10z2t4p
Beginner Level 2
Options
Wearables

Hi the activity reminder do not work on my watch.   Sometimes I am actually walking, and I get and inactivity reminder and sometimes I can be sitting for multiple hours and there is no reminder.   I purchased my watch in August 2022 and I do not believe it ever worked properly.

0 Likes
8 Comments
Helenna
Options
Wearables

Hi, can you please check this:

On your Watch go to your apps and open Samsung Health app >> Settings >> Inactive Time Alerts.

Is this feature turned on?

0 Likes
ransow
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Hi I am having the same problem with my Galaxy watch 5

0 Likes
Samsung_10z2t4p
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Yes it is inactive time alerts is turned on.

0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Wearables

Hi, we are sorry to hear that even after the inactive time alerts is turned on your'e not notified inactivity reminder.

We kindly request you to reset the watch by following the steps in the given link.

Please keep us posted if your issue is resolved.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/samsung-smartwatch-reset/#:~:text=Open%20the%20Gal....

0 Likes
Samsung_10z2t4p
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

It still is not working on a continuous basis.  I thought maybe it was resetting when I got up for water or something, but I was out for diner and sat for over 1.5 hours and there was not a reminder.    I also mentioned that it sometimes gives me a reminder when I am actually walking.

0 Likes
WinchellTR
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

I have the exact same issue with my Galaxy Watch 4.   I get the notifications, but they are often just a nuisance because they are triggered incorrectly.  I get reminders, while I am walking or within 5-10 minutes of finishing a walk.  I can be idle at my desk for far longer than an hour with no notification.

It would be nice to know what metric is used to determine inactivity and the threshold - steps, heart rate, etc.    In the last hour, I have a 30 minute block with 1700 steps and a 30 minute block with 300 steps.  The inactivity reminder went off in the middle of the second block!

0 Likes
Pratkon
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

The problem still persists. I bought a new Samsung Galaxy 4 and the inactivity alerts don't work!! 

0 Likes
Shyama
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Exactly. Just bought watch 6 classic 5 days back and have only got a total of 2 inactivity alerts in these 5 days. This watch doesn't work and it's sleep montitoring is a joke. 

0 Likes