Original topic:

Oxygen level reading using Watch Galaxy 5 pro

(Topic created on: 09-13-2022 12:40 PM)
Waleed71
Beginner Level 2
Options
Wearables
I just start using galaxy 5 pro, and the first thing I noticed that oxygen level measurement is inaccurate most of the time given I get watch to read it. It keeps telling me place you Elbow on table and don't talk etc.. Disappointed from this watch. 
5 Comments
Nylah
Options
Wearables

Hi, Could you please try below two methods and keep us posted Method:

1- Using Samsung Health App Open the Samsung Health app to which Galaxy Watch is paired and connected. Swipe down to Stress and select Measure.

Place your fingertip on the SpO2 sensor and stay still while the watch measures the blood oxygen. The results will be displayed on the My Stress screen of the Samsung Health app. Method.

2- Using Galaxy Watch 5/Watch 5 Pro Wear your Galaxy Watch tightly, and keep no loose ends. It all begins from here, if you don’t wear Watch correctly, it might give false results. Find the SpO2 option from the list of Widgets.

As instructed by Samsung Watch; Place your elbow on a table and your wrist near your heart. Tap Measure. Until the process completes to 100, stay Still.

Usually, in the first attempt, the Blood Oxygen results might not fail to show up, but you can always give it a second try.

0 Likes
bob2480
Active Level 1
Wearables

i have tried everything you sugested  ane oxygen monitor will not get by 52% My watach 4 worked great but the watch 5 is a big disapointment.   According to chats on the web this seems to be a big problem with the  watch5.  If yu have any suggestions other than has been mentioned I would appreciate hearing from you

Fatwa
Active Level 9
Wearables
When you say inaccurate...
As compared to what?
0 Likes
bigknife
Active Level 3
Wearables
Mine usually reads, but the values seem low. 91 during the day, as low as 76 at night.
0 Likes
mimsy1
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

This has caused me so much worry since upgrading to 5 I am buying a separate sleep oxygen monitor for night. It takes 3 times to get an oxygen reading saying put my elbow on the table and hold still. I have an $11 dollar oxygen meter that gets it in 5 seconds and matches my doctor's office. I have asthma and the $11 thing reads 99%. If I make this band any tighter, I will lose feeling and cut off blood flow.