Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Blood Oxygen Reading issues

(Topic created on: 02-16-2023 08:43 AM)
davestuff357
Beginner Level 2
Options
Wearables

I bought a 44mm Galaxy Watch 5 for myself August 22, 2022 and a 40mm one for my wife Jan 22, 2023 to monitor our health and sleep. Everything has been great until the last week or so. We are both now having issues with the Blood Oxygen reading constantly telling us to move the watch up and put our elbow on the table, which still fails. We didn't have this problem before now. It seems like this just started with a recent software update. Anyone else having this problem? Is there a way to roll back a software version?

David, Charleston, SC

16 Comments
Wearables
I restarted my GW5 and my SpO2 tracking while sleeping works again. But measure SpO2 from app still failed every time. And you are right, it happens since the recent update.
Romeooo
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

I have this issue from the beginning. Updates an even complete reset have not solved the problem. About 95% of all my Sp02 measuring attempts just fail.

Helenna
Options
Wearables

Hi, we recommend you to restart the device once and check if it helps.

If that doesn't work, please reset the watch and see if it solves the issue.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/samsung-smartwatch-reset/#:~:text=On%20most%20Sams.....

0 Likes
KCDave
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

I don't suppose someone has thought to simply include a Log File option in the Wear app? Telling people to reset and restart from scratch every time there's a problem pretty much ruins the user experience. Surely there must be some diagnostic available that we can share with Samsung?

0 Likes
Romeooo
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

I have this issue from the beginning. Updates an even complete reset have not solved the problem. About 95% of all my Sp02 measuring attempts just fail.

0 Likes
Peterkeyz
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

I started experiencing the same thing about 1 month ago, having been ok previously since I bought the watch in December. 44mm Watch5. 

0 Likes
Stoyan
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

To share with you - I am experiencing the same - Watch 5 Pro is NOT capable of measuring Saturation (SPO2, Blood oxygen). I went for several factory resets (hard, soft). I sent the watch to Samsung's authorized local service, they have reported a faulty sensor and that it has been replaced but guess what - this watch which is PRO is not capable of measuring it after the sensor got replaced. So what I am getting - it cannot reach 100% but instead, it interrupts the measurement process by telling me how to properly place the watch on my hand. I got Galaxy Watch 4 and GW4 NEVER fails. I am repeating - NEVER fails and measures. So Samsung fellows - Watch 5 PRO has a MAJOR PROBLEM measuring the saturation. There are threads in Reddit as well about this.

bob2480
Active Level 1
Wearables

I too  had the same problem i reset and reset till I could do it in my sleep.  I have started using my watch 4 again with no problems.  I decided to try one more time and replaced the leather watch band with the one that came with the watch which is a soft rubbery material.  Started the monitor and belive it or not the sensor started working again it is like the leataher watch band was not holding the watch tight enough to the wrist.  I still have my watch 4 on standby just in case it quits working again.  Hope this will help you get your watch working again.  

bob2480
Active Level 1
Wearables

I would like to inform  everyone fixing watch band dies not help.  Here is the latest samung replaced my watch 5 with a new one and the problem still exists.   Wstch4 works perfectly. Samsung really goofed on this one and they refuse to fix it.

0 Likes