Original topic:

Samsung pay (Watch plug-in) error?

(Topic created on: 09-10-2022 07:43 AM)
Mu3clec0w
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables

Hi, I just bought Galaxy watch 4 classic in Korea. Since they do not support Samsung pay on galaxy watches in Korea, I installed an plug-in so I can set up Samsung pay, but it's keeping giving me this error. The country registered to the SIM is Canada.
0 Likes
10 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Wearables

Samsung Pay is Region Locked to the country it was purchased in.

What this means is that you CAN use Samsung Pay on a Canadian device, when you travel outside of Canada, with your Canadian Debit / Credit cards, as long as the Debit / Credit cards are accepted in the country you are visiting.

But You can't change the CSC / SIM of the device AND have Samsung Pay work.

If you get what I'm trying to say rn? 

Mu3clec0w
Active Level 1
Wearables
I do get what you are trying to tell , but I never changed CSC/SIM of the device. It is canadian phone and Canadian SIM. I only bought Galaxy watch 4 classic in Korea.
Mu3clec0w
Active Level 1
Wearables
My samsung pay works, it's the plug-in that is not working
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Wearables

Okay, gotcha. 

Just a guess, that it could be due to watch not being a Canadian device? 

Mu3clec0w
Active Level 1
Wearables
Korean devices has nfc equipped, but they do not support Samsung pay. I'm guessing that is the only reason why it is not working, but I cannot find out.
0 Likes
Mu3clec0w
Active Level 1
Wearables
Just tried setting up the app without connecting to the watch, still giving me a same error message. I don't think it's the watch.
0 Likes
Axton
Options
Wearables

Hi, we would like to inform you that Samsung Pay will work only in the specific country where the device is purchased but as your Galaxy watch 4 classic is not a Canadian model right.
So you can not use Samsung Pay on the watch.
You can use Samsung pay on the Canadian model phone if you are using it.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Wearables

"Hi, we would like to inform you that Samsung Pay will work only in the specific country where the device is purchased" 

This is WRONG!! 

For I don't know how many times now, you can use Samsung Pay while traveling in DIFFERENT countries! 

From Samsung:

"If you can use your card in the country you are travelling to, you should be able to use Samsung Pay to make a payment"! 

https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/mobile-devices/can-i-use-samsung-pay-in-foreign-countries/#:~....

KKC123
Active Level 5
Wearables
Maybe the firmware of your watch 4 is for Korea and with the samsung pay framework missing. You may need to install the canadian frameware instead, I guess. Or alteratively, you can use Google pay.
0 Likes