Original topic:

We need a driving mode (step count inaccuracy)

(Topic created on: 09-28-2022 10:29 PM)
ExodusCheese
Active Level 4
Options
Wearables
Okay. I'm sure this may have been brought up before, maybe it hasn't. But I have a galaxy watch 4 and I love using it for fitness tracking etc.  BUT here's the thing. Every day my job consists of alot of driving and bouncing down the road sometimes several hours a day in my rig, and while the step counting looks great with such a high count or sometimes look down and my watch is telling me I'm doing a workout (automatic detection) it's kind of irritating. With all these sensors you would think while travelling at 100km an hour your watch wouldn't auto record thinking you are running or walking, but it does. So if this can't be resolved or figured out maybe a driving mode should be incorporated into an update where your watch can enable this option by auto detection of speed or manually enabled so that it does not track steps etc. Just a thought since I hate the inaccurate readings for my steps after a days worth of work. Hoping to see some feedback on this. 
0 Likes
7 Comments
Nylah
Options
Wearables

Hi, Samsung always strives to provide a better tomorrow for society with our quality products.

Thank you for bringing this to our notice.

However, please be assured that Samsung always strives to provide the best user experience on the device, we'll ensure you that it will be considered as a feedback and value your time for contacting us.

We certainly bring it to our team for further review.

Hopefully, the features that you're expecting might be added in a future update.

0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Wearables
You can disable or customize the auto detect workout. Open the Samsung Health app in your watch and disable it.

See if that helps. Maybe it'll reduce the sensitivity of the step tracker. I don't have any accuracy issues when driving, so you must be on some heavily bumpy roads.
0 Likes
ExodusCheese
Active Level 4
Wearables
Welcome to parts of the interior of British Columbia ha. Not just that but it's a freightliner with air suspension seat. But it happens to me in other vehicles though to. I like to have the auto detect option on but maybe I'll have to disable and see if it helps any.
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Wearables
You can experiment by toggling the various autodetect exercises. You really shouldn't be having step inaccuracies while driving (including a Freightliner). Unless you have a habit of lowering your watch arm to a ground pointing position when your drive. If you do have this habit, maybe try switching your watch to the other hand for a trial.

There used to be step count issues when auto-detect was enabled for bicycle riding. This because the position of the arms for bike rides was similar to driving. It looks like they don't allow that anymore. I remember it was an issue when riding my motorcycle.
0 Likes
ExodusCheese
Active Level 4
Wearables
I can't have it on my other arm like I used to because my **bleep** watch thinks it's not on me because of my tattoo... Almost returned the watch on day one with it because of this haha so I adjusted to using it on my right arm instead of my left arm. My on my left arm literally made my watch think it was not on me ... Color of it or something idk but I wasn't the first one to post about this issue. Whether they came out with a patch for that or not idk
0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Wearables
This is exactly why I only get face tattoo's.
0 Likes
ExodusCheese
Active Level 4
Wearables
Lol I wouldn't change my preference of tattoo choice or positioning over a 400$ watch that's for sure
0 Likes