Original topic:

Sending MMS videos look horrible

(Topic created on: 04-03-2020 05:17 PM)
a70autobot
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
For some reason whenever I send videos via MMS they come out incredibly grainy and horrible quality.

How can I send videos and maintain their quality? Anyone else have this issue? 

0 Likes
11 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Videos are automatically compressed when sent via MMS as MMS has a strict 1MB/message size limit. The only way to preserve the quality of your videos is to share them by another service. You can try Link Sharing for example, available on Samsung phones.
a70autobot
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
disappointing. this worked seamlessly on iPhone.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
iPhones use non-standard messaging protocols. iMessage is completely unrelated to your carrier's service. iMessage is like an Instant messenger app like LameBook or Skype. It's incompatible with non-Apple phones. There's an alternative called RCS but your carrier must support cross-carrier chats.

To use Link Sharing, go in Gallery, select the video and tap Share. Then, select Link Sharing.

Link sharing is a temporary file hosting service by Samsung. You may upload stuff there for two days, and give a link to whoever you want so they can download it.
a70autobot
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
thank you
0 Likes
Galaxy A
People like to compare Apple with Android. But not many users know iMessage is different to Carrier Text Message.

Like many years ago, people like to compare Windows and Linux. Well, 2 different systems. 😅
0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
rsc makes that problems go away but your carrier has to support it or use google messages if your with telus or kodoo

also only works with androids
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
this may help understand things its a bit dated tho.
0 Likes
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy A
if you have RCS and the person you send to has RCS (kinda like imessage) then you can send larger files and the videos I send are fine.. it only works on Roger's or bell I believe unless you use android messages then I believe it might work on most carriers
0 Likes