Original topic:

Foursquare replacing Google Maps??! LMFAO

(Topic created on: 05-08-2019 11:58 PM)
btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy Note
After Samsung recent update, they replaced Google Maps for calendar location with Foursquare. It can't even find simple address and very buggy. Change it back!!! 😡 Stop forcing garbage to your customers. First Bixby, now this!? 

6 Comments
Galaxy Note
Looks like it's still Google Maps...
Anyway I use Google Calendar & it's definitely Google Maps & I use bxActions to make Bixby useful for what I want PLUS an extra physical button is much better there than on the front of the device 🐧
zicdeh
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
wow this is really dumb. I hate that you can't uninstall Amazon or Facebook too... what's up with that.
flamebird786
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
just disable it, it really makes no difference weather you uninstall or disable at the end it comes down to storage which I doubt you really care about considering your probably have a phone with at least 64 GB plus storage
EnZ143PoGi
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
If you are doing 'keyword' search, it uses Foursquare, if its by 'address' its Google Maps still.
btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
That's the whole idea of using maps, when you don't have the address of the place and only have the name. Before this stupid update, I can just type in "Vancouver Art Gallery" and it pops up right away because Samsung uses Google. Now, the can't find **bleep** at all.
SM-G960W
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
HOLY C**P! I can't believe you just said that, bett3r! I don't know alot about the cell,Google,Samsung,App2facebookworld(haha..joking), or typing, I keep getting hacked, and jacked for this and that, so its even harder to learn while all this and more going on!BUT I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU. Funny too, I was just writing almost the same thing you wrote to Google,but got discouraged and erased it. Right after that I read your post and felt encouraged to re-write it here. Thanks again. Maybe someone running the show will help by asking their customers opinions instead of just dropping new things on us...thier paying customers.Sorry this story is so long 😫