Original topic:

Note 9 february security update?

(Topic created on: 02-26-2020 06:36 PM)
alainlafond
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
Today is february 27th and it appears that there will be no update before march.
Will we receive the february security update in March? Does this mean that we were insecure for a whole month? Or does this mean that we will be in insecurity for the coming months? 
We, canadians, like living insecure with Samsung! The only country in the whole world without security updates... 
Thanks Samsung! 
17 Comments
RashhBruk
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
They're working on the OneUI 2.0 update which includes the February Security Patch. I agree we are always the last ones to get the update and it's getting pretty annoying. I remember last year when I was so excited for the OneUI 1.0 update for my Note9, but Samsung literally stretched it to the point where I couldn't care less about OneUI and one day it just pops up like ok now you can have it.
Galaxy Note
yeah, the brought the hype down
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
I think that's it's not just your phone that's insecure. Not for anything but how many times will you start threads about not getting the update already? You can cry all you want, it wont happen sooner than when it's ready.
alainlafond
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
I'm only trying to make enough noise, so someone will notice...
RashhBruk
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Yes actually, they need to understand that security patches don't work this way... if they have the January security patch, their phone is only vulnerable to things developed after January, which is most unlikely. It's probably just them being insecure.
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
I get and understand the fustration but it won't change anything. Every 2nd thread is complaining about not getting the update. We are all waiting for it, myself included. I think this community desperately needs a dedicated section for software updates.
0 Likes
alainlafond
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
I'm not insecure, I'm disappointed and angry about we, as canadians, are treated by Samsung. That's the point I'm trying to make here. And why all rest of the world would have access to the new Dex capabilities and not us. Go on YouTube and check all those videos on UI 2.0 update. And ask yourself: Do I feel happy about this.
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Alain, im in the same boat as you, In Canada with a note 9, no updates yet. I had every Nexus phone and always was first with updates but i knew switching to Samsung would be completely different, so i can't really complain.
0 Likes
RashhBruk
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I've been to YouTube and I've realized that we don't get the updates as soon as some of the other countries do. But the difference between you and most of us is that we realize that it isn't the end of the world to not get an update. OneUI 2.0 is cool and everything but stop acting like your life depends on the update.
0 Likes