Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

crew app sms issue

(Topic created on: 02-18-2020 06:26 AM)
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy Note
I use this app from the paly store called crew. I have been have ongoing issue's with being able to log in via SMS. I just keep getting unknown an unknown error massage.

Steps i have already taken:
I am able to recive sms from other apps. 

Sms from my carrier is working 

All permissions for the app are allowed 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times. Then restated the device still nothing same error msg. The message reads we have encountered an unknown error please try again.

I have checked with the app support team. They gave me a web browser to log in. Again that needs sms to log in. So same error message occurs. 

The app it self status page says the issue has been reported and resolved. The app status is up and running. Coworkers dont have the issue on there device. I am at a complete loss as my carrier highest tier tech support says all is operational on there end. 

Thia is the app someone please help me! I need this for work.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi @lpo2020,

I downloaded the app to try it out - I'm running into the same error as well. As everyone said, this might be an issue on the app. I think now the thing to do is wait for the app developers to get back to you. It might also help to check other reviews as well to see if other users had similar issues, and see if the developers responded with a potential solution.

Cheers,

Jeremy

View solution in context

12 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
So you received an SMS from this app to log in but when you try, it gives you an error?

Sounds to me like the app is the problem. If you received your messages, your phone is fine.
Galaxy Note
I would suggest leaving a comment about your issue on the Play Store or contact the developer.
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
i have done all those steps. carrier sms works no problem. i have emailed the developers several times. and left a review for the app on play store. playing the waiting game now i suppose.
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
What device do you have?
Did this ever work for you? Or always buggy?
I would check with co - workers to see what version they have and device they are using.
It might be an idea to roll back the app to an older version 🤷♂️
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
that was my next step.
i have the note 10 plus.
thanks
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
thanks for the suggestions
KevinTaylor
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi lpo2020,

As suggested by mytech, please try those suggestions and write back to us with the results. 

Cheers,

Kevintaylor

Solution
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi @lpo2020,

I downloaded the app to try it out - I'm running into the same error as well. As everyone said, this might be an issue on the app. I think now the thing to do is wait for the app developers to get back to you. It might also help to check other reviews as well to see if other users had similar issues, and see if the developers responded with a potential solution.

Cheers,

Jeremy

CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
ill try to roll back the app see if that works
0 Likes