Original topic:

Roll back protection

(Topic created on: 05-08-2019 05:07 PM)
dmflash
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
I've tried doing a roll back to Oreo on my note 8 using Odin but get an error (succeed 0/failed1) . I called a local repair shop to ask how much they charge and they told me Note 8 has "roll back protection" . 
Can anyone confirm about this roll back protection, also I tried using Odin before the April update and got the same error.
0 Likes
13 Comments
Galaxy Note
Well - It's not exactly "roll back protection" - You can always go to a previous version of the OS - UNLESS there's a Bootloader version change - So once you've applied an OTA which has a new Bootloader version - Then you can't go back to the previous previous version... but I *wouldn't* call it "protection" - For example - In the Screen shot - The build is in the red box & the arrow is pointing to the number 4 & 4 is the Bootloader version - You can always Flash back to any Build that the Bootloader version is 4 or greater & in this example I could Flash other Builds with Boot version 4 but not Bootloader version 3 - Hope that answers your question 🐧
0 Likes
dmflash
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Yeah thanks , I've watched a few videos of people using Odin so I was a bit skeptical of this roll back protection nonsense. I'll try a different repair shop tomorrow.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
You are supposed to be able to rollback to Oreo. Versions from August (5CRG6) to now have the same bootloader version/fuse.

What firmware are you exactly trying to flash? I think you just tried to flash the wrong firmware

Don't go to shops. You can do this yourself with ease for free. Or I can talk you through the process for free*

Limited time offer. May not be used with other offers or coupons. Only one per Member. Valid until 99/99/2099.
0 Likes
dmflash
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I downloaded the last update before Pie from Sammobile. I've tried 3 times each time using different ports in my laptop to connect my phone but the same error pops up.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Which update is it?
0 Likes
dmflash
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
CSC 950WOYV5CRJ3
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Ok what do you do now with that? I'm retracting your steps to see what went wrong
0 Likes
dmflash
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I open Odin, add BL AP CP CSC files. enter download mode on phone , plug into PC then hit start.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Screenshots?
0 Likes