Original topic:

S10+ Screen damage

(Topic created on: 06-11-2019 03:34 AM)
cjsage
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
So this spot appeared randomly on my S10+. The screen protector it came with had a bubble on the location so I removed it thinking it was moisture. Unfortunately it's  not. Do you think the warranty will cover this?

0 Likes
8 Comments
Galaxy S
Only way to know is to ask 🐧
Is there ANY other damage that is visible?
0 Likes
cjsage
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
No other damage that I can see.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Well - Are you aware if it's been dropped or drowned? In any case - You can only find out for sure by going to - Or sending it to a Samsung Service Center... Good luck 🤞 🐧

Weirder things have happened - BUT - Before you check with a Service Center - You could always Backup your device with Smart Switch & Factory Reset - And see if (maybe) the spot will disappear (unlikely but worth a shot) - I had an S8+ that seemed to have dead touch zones & a Factory Reset fixed it 🕊
0 Likes
cjsage
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
It has neither been dropped nor drowned. I contacted Samsung and I'm just waiting for a response. I'll try the factory reset.Thanks for the luck 😊
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Be sure to let us know if (however unlikely) a Factory Reset solved the problem - But if not - That spot is clearly NOT normal & I feel it should very definitely be covered by the Warranty 🙂🐧
0 Likes
cjsage
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
No luck unfortunately. So I'll wait to hear from Samsung.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Well either way - I'm sure that Samsung won't do anything - until it's inspected by them or an authorized Samsung Service Center - If there's one near you - I wouldn't wait & go there myself 😉🐧
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
My friends s9 had dead spots, he backed up, factory reset, it did work, so not a bad answer although unfortunately it didn't work here 🤦‍♂️
0 Likes