Original topic:

Wake screen lag via home button - S8 vs S8+

(Topic created on: 01-04-2018 07:06 AM)
spaminathan
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Recently got the S8+ and was comparing it to my S8. First thing I noticed right away is that the S8+ has a slight delay when waking the phone via the home button. The lag is specifically when you "release" the button, after the initial press. I've set both phones to the same home button pressure sensitivity. Just feels like the S8 is quicker/snappier compared to the s8+ when it comes to the home button wake up. I think it noticed the same release delay on my friend's Note 8.

Anyone else have a chance to compare the S8 and S8+/Note8 and notice differences with the home button?

Note: I'm specifically referring to using the home button to wake up the phone when the screen is off.
0 Likes
5 Comments
spaminathan
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I think the size and weight distribution of the s8+/Note8 is also a factor in the tactile feedback difference I'm experiencing when unlocking the phone.
0 Likes
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
It's takes way less than 1 sec on my s8+, as soon as I press it. Idk how it can to any faster tbh
0 Likes
spaminathan
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I think the real test would be to compare it alongside an S8, and see if you notice a difference. Thanks for your feedback though!
0 Likes
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I think you're getting a slight feeling that S8 is doing a tad bit faster, but I think it's due to the tactile feedback difference. As S8 is smaller and slimmer than S8+/Note8, the feedback is felt a bit earlier. But yeah.
0 Likes
spaminathan
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I think you're absolutely right. Love both phones regardless :)
0 Likes