Original topic:

samsung account NOT secure. easy to transfer ownership!!

(Topic created on: 03-23-2020 11:19 AM)
doobydude
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy S
Samsung is great except for their lack of security for your account when phoning in. My ex-Fiance did this to me. And I had to do this to get my account back. But it's so easy for someone to take over your samsung account.Al they need to m know is your birthdate, name and email, and then they can get ALL your Samsung account details transferred over to a new email address. Not secure at all!!
14 Comments
sully
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
You were able to transfer all your samsung account details to another email? Please provide more details
doobydude
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I said how in the description...
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
If it's just sending a text message, then it's not actually secure...
doobydude
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
anyone with access to your phone can enter in the 2 factor authentication code sent via text msg lol. **bleep** dont even need access to the physical phone. but it is better than just a password
0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
rule one don't share passwords. a wife can because an ex in a day! also limit the use of the same password. make them long also and use things like +×÷=/_@! no joke.

an email is a gateway to everything. I can get more information and into more stuff with your email over your Facebook and Instagram combine, just a tip. I hope you have learned a lesson it's not samsung fault it's the user's fault. :)
doobydude
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I never shared her any passwords though. i dont trust anyone for the most part with my passwords except my close close family. even then dont hand out any email passwo3fs or account passwords
0 Likes
Jeremie
Options
Galaxy S

@doobydude,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. As suggested by @Shaggyskunk1, please enable the two-step verification under the Samsung account, this will help you to keep your data secure.

Open settings >> Acoounts and backup >> Accounts >> Sasmung account >> password and security >> toggle on two step verification.

Galaxy S
@CHMultimedia SMS is better than not using SMS - UnLikely that an X knows how to SIM Swap or **bleep** / clone Phone numbers - But you're right - Google Authenticator or Authy is more secure than SMS.

"H-A-C-K" is a censored word???
What about **bleep**?

🙄
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
bleep is definitely censored:(
0 Likes