Original topic:

Do NOT remove 3rd party support

(Topic created on: 08-27-2018 02:35 PM)
Bing
Active Level 10
Options
Samsung Health
Samsung has decided to eliminate 3rd support except strava. This is not good. A closed ecosystem is like that of apples.

I was hoping that Samsung health would allow sync with Google health in future, but you need to download another app to sync data between two! Now Samsung making it even more difficult.

And Samsung doesn't allow addition of non Samsung hardware. If you buy any watch not listed in Samsung health, can't record sleep or heart rate.

This will lead me to disable Samsung health and use Google health or something else instead.
2 Comments
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Samsung Health
yea it s ucks as I use my fitness pal because it has the barcode scanner this making it super easy to input food and then it syncs to samsung health
hopefully they change their mind or at least in my case add a barcode scanner
0 Likes
stmax
Active Level 6
Samsung Health
Just read about this. Interesting move. I guess it won't be critical for me as I use a Gear S3 to do my tracking but it looks like it may hinder my ability to use other systems that are better for tracking nutrition for example and drawing them in. If they are serious about this move they better beef up the app so we are content to stay in this ecosystem if we happen to have the hardware.
0 Likes