Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Androids EVERYWHERE infected with MALWARE?!?

(Topic created on: 07-31-2022 02:31 PM)
GoldieR
Active Level 4
Options
Community Guidelines
Hello. 2 Days ago I completed my daily rituals of a thorough device scan with my primary paid antivirus and with device's "battery and device care" all good! Then I decided to do a Malwarebytes scan-all good! 👍🏻 THEN, I did another scan with another app which produced that I had malware on my phone AND my tablet!!😱
App couldn't remove it! 😭 Contacted developers for help and got standard email reply. 😒 Then another suggesting I Master reset!! (Ah no, as I started a new temporary job and NEED my phone!) Contacted my paid antivirus and they have information and are 'investigating'. After much STRESS and 36 hours of hell (I'm OCD), I discovered McAfee put out an article regarding Android users infected by cleaning apps from the Google Play store!! (NONE of which I have, btw) Also discovered another S10+ user stating that the app (I used) sees Samsung's built in cleaner as MALWARE!! Whaaaat?
It's this TRUE?!? Have I *WASTED hours and hours due to an app's error?!??!!!😠(THIS is reminding me of a SIMILAR INCIDENT we all went through March '21 when android system web viewer wouldn't update/work!😒)
Anyway, anyone else going through this??
Here's the string: com.super.clean.zaz
Have a nice long weekend, cheers fr. 🇨🇦~ ✌🏻🌻
8 Comments
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Community Guidelines

First off, Androids almost never get an actual virus. Secondly, the makers of Android antivirus apps, are the ones pushing the "android virus" fears.

I've been using & testing custom android firmware for more than a decade, which theoretically is the most vulnerable to viruses / ha*cks and I've NEVER, EVER had any virus on any of my devices.

Most of the time, what people may THINK is a "virus", are actually just popup advertising from free apps.

Don't go chasing your tail, thinking that your android device has a virus.

Use common sense when downloading apps, or visiting certain sites, and you should be just fine. 

GoldieR
Active Level 4
Community Guidelines
Thank you buddy ❣️ 😌 Whew! I did some research and now with your answer, I KNOW I'll sleep better tonight! 😂😂 (I totally forgot about posting HERE and how GREAT you (& everyone, really 😌) are with your wealth of expertise ❣️ 😊)
I figured (& hoped) that it was the app's issue, as I have followed them since the beginning and never had a bad scan! (& I never ever add 'cleaning apps'!! and my antivirus is for all my devices, which didn't find ANYTHING. Love your analogy, btw, 😆 but I'm OCD, sooooo... 😂 FR!🤪
Thank you again! 👏🏻 Enjoy the rest of your weekend ❣️ Cheers 🌻 ✌️
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Community Guidelines

Happy to have hopefully resolved all of your concerns! 😇 

iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Community Guidelines
Chasing tails is fun though! Remember the IT analyst with the 900 anti-virus programs lol
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Community Guidelines

Yup, chasing tails can definitely be fun, especially if you catch it! 😈 😇 

fetchimage.gif

iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Community Guidelines
Haha that's right!!!
Axton
Options
Community Guidelines

Hi GoldieR, we are pleased to see that your issue is solved.
Please contact us back if you need any other information.
Please take the time to accept the comment that you find helpful as a solution by clicking on 3 dots and tap on "Accept as Solution" and help others with the same query.
Thank you RedDogRabbit for the information and helping to solve the issue.  

0 Likes
GoldieR
Active Level 4
Community Guidelines
UPDATE: My antivirus confirmed no malware, etc. on either of my devices as well! 😊👍🏻