Original topic:

Confusion

(Topic created on: 12-30-2020 08:55 PM)
hii1994
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
I decided to get a phone through a "lease-to-own" company, and it turns out the phone they got me isn't from North America. It's from somewhere in South america. Is there anyone who would help me figure out where it's from? The company I went through is being shady and won't tell me. 

I'm canceling my plan with them asap. I just would like to know if my phones refurbished. Cause if it is, there's a chance I could get back all the money I put down in monthly payments so far.

My phone isn't even compatible with Samsung Pay

17 Comments
Halston
Options
Galaxy A

Hi GalaxyyyyyyA71,

Welcome to the Samsung Members Canada. Please note that if the device is an international device (a device from another country or market). The Samsung Pay Canada app will not work with international devices or devices from other markets. Also, if the device is rooted. Rooted devices will not support Samsung Pay for security reasons.

0 Likes
hii1994
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
weird. like the Smart View works with my TV. I miss having my debit card at the palm of my hand
0 Likes
Galaxy A
What make of phone was it that came from this "lease-to-own" company? When you received the phone was there a packing or invoice slip included in the box? If there was a packing slip, then the info from where that phone came from would be on there. Also the IMEI number on the phone may give you info about whether the phone was lost, stolen, etc.
0 Likes
hii1994
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
no there wasn't.
0 Likes
hii1994
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
as you can see, it says Galaxy A71
0 Likes
Galaxy A
This code may give you more details of hidden info about the phone. It is *#06#
0 Likes
hii1994
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
it shows my 2 imei #'s (this phone has 2 different ones for some reason) and my SN, but what do I do with those? even samsung call centre doesn't known where my phones from. so idk how to check if it's refurbished. the company I got it from won't tell me (which I'm starting to see their true colors now)
0 Likes
Galaxy A
You could try doing a Google search by entering the make of phone and the 7/8th number of the IMEI and see if the country of origin comes up.
hii1994
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I'm dumb when it comes to phones. I'm taking it to a phone expert in the morning. Im no longer through those companies

20201230_221243_1298.jpg

0 Likes