Original topic:

Data not turning on for Data Only apps

(Topic created on: 01-06-2023 01:29 PM)
MelBo13
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
I have a Samsung A53. I would like particular apps to only open with data, even when I'm connected to wifi. I've turned on the toggle for these apps in the "Mobile Data Only Apps" settings, and I've enabled those apps to use data even when Data Saver is on (which it is). Then I closed the apps and restarted the phone. 

But when I open those apps, the wifi icon is still showing and the data icon is not. Can anyone help me figure this out?
0 Likes
7 Comments
samy2022
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
you can create a routine with Bixby Routines for the selected appScreenshot_20230106_163508_Modes and Routines.jpgScreenshot_20230106_163547_Modes and Routines.jpgScreenshot_20230106_163618_Modes and Routines_1000002798_1673040984.jpg
MelBo13
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
Good idea, and I might have to do that, but this option is already supposed to be available in the phone. I just can't seem to get it working right.
Nylah
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, we request you to follow the steps in the given link to manage you data.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-phone-manage-data-usage/

0 Likes
MelBo13
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
Thanks, but I've already done all those things. I seem to have a very specific issue with one setting not working properly, and I'm hoping someone can help.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

The link has nothing to do with what the OP is trying to do. 

The link is targeted at limiting the amount of Cellular Data that is being used. 

The OP wants to have some apps, ONLY use Cellular Data, perhaps for privacy concerns, if using a shared WiFi network?

Although Samsung's Secure WiFi, or other VPN connections are also an option. 

maxfield034
Active Level 4
Galaxy A

Go to Settings>Connections>Data Usage>Data Saver>Allowed to use data while Data Saver is on.

Then you pick which apps are allowed to run when you turn on Data Saver.

0 Likes
MelBo13
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
Thanks, but I already did that. It still doesn't work.
0 Likes