Original topic:

Galaxy a53 Bluetooth issue in car

(Topic created on: 05-21-2022 05:13 PM)
Sirandar888
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A

UPDATE May 2023. Better late than never.

• Credit where it is due and Samsung is due some credit .... One of the updates to my phone fixed this issue and now my friends and colleagues no longer comment that I sound like a robot on Bluetooth in my Honda

Thank you Sammy

Got a new a53 and it works well but it has an issue with Bluetooth connection in my Honda accord 2013.

It is not a problem with my Honda has my previous LG phone worked absolutely perfectly with it.

My a53 connects to my car just fine and plays music perfectly and connects calls perfectly also but my own voice is garbled by distortion when I try to speak to anyone over the phone.

This is almost certainly a software issue with the a53 as there would be much more reports if it was a problem with Android.

And yes you can find other people on the internet who have this exact same issue with the a53.

JJust just fix it please.

174 Comments
mmills79
Active Level 2
Galaxy A

Samsung team!!!!

Are you listening??

There is a problem with the Bluetooth implementation on the A53 platform that causes the audio quality to  be distorted and sound robotic.

PLEASE FIX!!

0 Likes
Highmarker
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A

I have the same problem with my A53 and my 2016 Subaru Outback. Every other phone works fine

Mriv71
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Same exact issue with A53 and 2016 Subaru Legacy. I’m noticing in these comments it’s with foreign cars. Works fine in my husbands Ford. Samsung is really screwing everyone with this phone.

BSTETSON
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Have same problem with a 2019 Corolla. Had a Galaxy A12 for a brief time and it worked great for calls. Only happened when I got the "better" A53 phone. Not ideal to have to switch out Sim to drive with one phone and switch back to do everything else with the other, but that way Samsung can sell 2 phones per customer - It's a feature, not a problem.

Catbinette
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

I have an A53 and having the same issue in a Subaru Outback. This is really frustrating.

Sirandar888
Active Level 3
Galaxy A

This is almost a deal-breaker and almost enough to make me return my phone.....

Galaxy A

I noticed you messaged above in May.  Have you returned your phone and was it exchanged under warranty as it was unrepairable?  Thank you for any info.

0 Likes
Sirandar888
Active Level 3
Galaxy A

Upon further analysis I've noticed that the problem on my phone only happens for incoming calls... Most the time when I call out using Bluetooth and my a53 the sound is acceptable in terms of my voice quality to the other person

Sirandar888
Active Level 3
Galaxy A

Because the sound quality is sometimes okay it means there's nothing wrong with my device or my Bluetooth connection it's a software issue that needs to be addressed by Samsung or Google or both...

Samsung_CyNsqs8
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A

Happens on incoming or outgoing calls on my A53