Original topic:

Galaxy a53 Bluetooth issue in car

(Topic created on: 06-21-2022 05:23 PM)
Sirandar888
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A

UPDATE May 2023. Better late than never.

• Credit where it is due and Samsung is due some credit .... One of the updates to my phone fixed this issue and now my friends and colleagues no longer comment that I sound like a robot on Bluetooth in my Honda

Thank you Sammy

Got a new a53 and it works well but it has an issue with Bluetooth connection in my Honda accord 2013.

It is not a problem with my Honda has my previous LG phone worked absolutely perfectly with it.

My a53 connects to my car just fine and plays music perfectly and connects calls perfectly also but my own voice is garbled by distortion when I try to speak to anyone over the phone.

This is almost certainly a software issue with the a53 as there would be much more reports if it was a problem with Android.

And yes you can find other people on the internet who have this exact same issue with the a53.

JJust just fix it please.

174 Comments
Lasrever
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I have an A53... EXACT same issue!  I have dealt with Verizon...updated Bluetooth software in my 2016 dubaru imprezza and tomorrow have an appointment with Samsung authorized agent.  Was told they will recall if enough KNOWN issues!!  So I guess everyone needs to reach out to Samsung so they fix the problem and replace our phones!!!

Samsung_CyNsqs8
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A

I have the same issue with my Mazda 5, my A53 connects fine but the caller can't hear me or I sound robotic, even when not moving and sitting still in the driveway. When driving down the road sometimes you hear some interference and I'm can be heard clearly, then 30 seconds later I'm robotic agsin. It isn't signal strength, my A50 worked like a charm driving the same roads.

Members_to3Cm4k
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy A

Have the same issue with my Toyota Corolla 2016. I got my new phone, and for the past two months, I did everything to fix the problem. I even sent the phone back to get it repaired. They say no problem with Bluetooth. Seriously frustrating and upsetting! I regret that I bought this new phone. My old phone worked totally fine!! Fix the issue, Samsung!!

Bwebster
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Same issue in my 2017 Subaru Forester.  I just went through a software update and technical assistance with them and had no luck resolving this issue. 

Hopefully Samsung will issue a software update to make this device's bluetooth compatible with older car bluetooth technology. 

ty77
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A

Has Samsung addressed to anyone on how this can be fixed. I have done the network reset, even a whole factory reset.  Are they working on this? I had a software update today and that didn't fix it?

Production001
Active Level 2
Galaxy A

I have the same exact issue with my Honda Civic. The caller on the other end says I sound like a robot. Samsung, please fix this. The A53 should not have this issue at all.  I've had other phones that have connected to my Honda Civic that have had no issues at all.

EDIT: it looks like many others have this same exact issue.

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/others/samsung-a53-5g/td-p/17266856

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Other-Mobile-Devices/A53-5G-bluetooth-in-any-car-distorts-my-voi...

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyA50/comments/u1h1co/samsung_a53_5g_bluetooth_car_problems/

Christ_warrior94
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

I'm having the same issues with my Toyota Camry. I literally just had a new phone (Galaxy A53) today using my warranty because I thought that it was the previous one (which I bought a week ago) that was the problem. I'm glad I stumble through this because Samsung need to recall it asap.

Ricardoskiyo11
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A

I have the same issue with my A53 people can't understand what I'm saying while trying to speak through my car's bluetooth or they simply can't hear me... it's funny because I "upgraded" from a A50 to A53. I am regretting my decision just because of this bluetooth issue.

KC1960
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy A

I am having the same issue with the A53. It has happened with 2 different vehicles, 2011 Honda and 2017 Toyota. I like the phone otherwise and got a great deal on it but this is a safety issue not to be able to use bluetooth for calls. 

After calling AT&T store and being referred to 1-800 Samsung, I have just spent 3 hours trying to troubleshoot by text. Did a whole factory reset and the problem is still there. They are going to file a service ticket and have me take it to UBREAKIFIX. Then I imagine they won't be able to fix it either and I will be stuck sending it to Samsung since it is under warranty. This is what happened to the At&T rep that I spoke with. Samsung needs to fix this issue. It's ridiculous.

update 6/23/22: Took the phone to UBREAKIFIX as directed by Samsung. They were unable to resolve the problem. 

Galaxy A

Did you have any luck with haveing it repaired or replaced under warranty?  Mine has gone in 3 times and come back with the same robotic sound issue.