Original topic:

Galaxy a53 Bluetooth issue in car

(Topic created on: 05-12-2022 09:32 AM)
Sirandar888
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A

UPDATE May 2023. Better late than never.

• Credit where it is due and Samsung is due some credit .... One of the updates to my phone fixed this issue and now my friends and colleagues no longer comment that I sound like a robot on Bluetooth in my Honda

Thank you Sammy

Got a new a53 and it works well but it has an issue with Bluetooth connection in my Honda accord 2013.

It is not a problem with my Honda has my previous LG phone worked absolutely perfectly with it.

My a53 connects to my car just fine and plays music perfectly and connects calls perfectly also but my own voice is garbled by distortion when I try to speak to anyone over the phone.

This is almost certainly a software issue with the a53 as there would be much more reports if it was a problem with Android.

And yes you can find other people on the internet who have this exact same issue with the a53.

JJust just fix it please.

175 Comments
Floridarog
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

My wife and I are having the same issues with our new A53 5g Unlocked phones.  Everything works as it should, except when we pair our phones with our 2017 Forester or 2015 Camry.  On calls, we can hear our caller clearly on car speakers, but we sound like distorted robots to them.  As others here have done, I've checked with our provider (T-Mobile), both Toyota and Subaru, and have several calls with Samsung. No one seems has a fix offered for this problem.  After my third call to Samsung, the tech admitted it was a known issue and that "they are aware of it and are working on it", but no known date on a patch or fix.  He offered 2 solutions:

1. Return the phones to Samsung and they would send us new ones.  He assured me that they would not have this problem.  But as a fix hasn't been announced yet, I had a hard time believing another A53 would not have the same problem.  At least one member here said they exchanged the phone for a new one with the same problem.

2. Buy 2 new A42, which does not have the same specs, and get a refund on our A53's. 

I did not like either of these solutions.  As this seems to be such a pervasive problem, I would like to hear from someone who does not have this problem with their A53.  Otherwise, I think that unless they can fix this,  Samsung should give us a free upgrade to any S series that has been shown to not have this problem. 

Alain_Miron
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Same problem with newly bought A53 on a Toyota RAV4 2016. Outgoing call voice is robot/digitized and caller cannot understand. Tried multiple fixes suggested on the web without any success. Samsung needs to fix this issue urgently as this is a serious security issue for users driving cars and needing to make urgent calls (ie 911)

Alain_Miron
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Is there anyone officially from Samsung connected to this feed and responsible to reply to users? Does not look like this is taken seriously at al!

Need action and feedback on this issue!

Jnwoods84
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I have spent 4+ hours on the phone with Samsung in the past 3 days regarding this. The first rep had me buy a new phone and set up return for my week old phone.. What do you know, the 2nd phone has the same issue. 2nd person I spoke to had me allow her to remote connect to my phone during the call and she shut down my phone so that call dropped. 3rd person seemed to understand that it's a software issue, but she's just a call center worker in the Philippines. She said that she would report to the researchers. I'm assuming this did happen as Samsung called me today to get more information. I am hoping that they will look into the software, but more people need to hound them. They told me that it was the first they've heard of the issue. I told them to Google A53 car Bluetooth problems. I'll also note that went to my car and switched to Bluetooth so that they could hear the issue (since these calls are recorded). I will continue to call them regularly until the problem is fixed or they give me a phone that is new and actually works

fin-BBC
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I am having the exact same problem. Phone works great but do not use the handsfree in the car!  This is now a safety issue!  After 7 visits to my supplier's store, factory reset, 2 visits to the car dealership, received replacement A53, complaint to Samsung (they did respond rather quickly and advised me to go to a Samsung recommended repair service), and a visit to the repair shop. I am no further ahead.  My husband is using my old Samsung 5 and has no problems at all!  I agree - it must be a software issue! I am sending another email to Samsung.

Markie1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I am having the same problem with Honda 2014, phone connects fine, but receivers of calls report I sound like a robot, how do I fix this?  thank you.

Alain_Miron
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Need to re-iterate my initial question/request: 

Is there anyone officially from Samsung connected to this feed, responsible to reply to users and send this issue directly to development/software engineers? Does not look like this is taken seriously at al!

Need action and feedback on this issue!

ChuckL
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I am having the same issue with A53 5G in my Subaru.

Mom13
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A

Same in my Subaru. Have you resolved the problem?

0 Likes
Sirandar888
Active Level 3
Galaxy A

Samsung's really should take ownership of this issue and it seems it affects almost every single a53.  Very few people take the time to complain or even know where to complain regarding a cell phone and they may blame their carrier or their car.... In this case it's the phone.

It's understandable that Samsung may take some time to fix this as every developer knows that Bluetooth is a big bag of hurt and all sorts of hacks and workarounds are required to get it working.

Also they need to get a hold of a car that has that issue with this phone.

Samsung may have also laid off or fired all the really good techs because of "covid".