Original topic:

Hash of data does not match digest in descriptor. [2nd] (3)

(Topic created on: 10-26-2021 05:19 PM)
nicodiamante
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A

I have a brand new A70 and a week after i bought it, when i was required to update the OS, the installation was freezed and there's an error like this:

partition tz

Hash of data does not match digest in descriptor. [2nd] (3)

Calculated Hash of (tz) : 

etc.

Please I need help!

16 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Try to manually flash the latest firmware. Sounds like the download has missing packets or is otherwise incomplete or corrupted.
Oderazor
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

Please how can this be done? My phone has been in this mode for almost 24hrs.

Bahy
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy A

Hello Every One,

I had the same issue after trying to update my A70 phone based on a message which poped up from samsung asking me to update.

A friend of mine managed to resolve my issue without losing any data using that method:

1st : from the error msg --- > last line you will find the firmware version  ex: A705FNXXU4ASK6

2nd: Goto  https://www.sammobile.com/ --> Devices --> Choose your model --> Firmware --> Choose your country and download the firmware. (Download it and unzip it)

3rd: Download a software called  Odin and follow the instruction ( MAKE SURE TO UNCHECK RE-PARTITION FIELD FROM OPTIONS TAB)  IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOU DATA

4th: In my case i have a new model so i uploaded the following 4 files ( BL , AP , CP , HOME_CSC) after i pluged the cable.

Dont forget to uncheck the Re-partition.

Click Start :)

I am not sure if that going to resove your issue but it did resolve mine .

Do it on your own risk :)

LeatherHC
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I know this is old, but this is mostly for anyone who like me is googling the problem. My Galaxy S10 had the same issue after an update. I called Samsung customer support they had me try the volume down and power keys together to force a restart and the same screen would load back immediately. They then had me take it to ubreakifix and they tried to load the software onto the phone with no success. 

I found this solution and gave it a try and it worked ( I did loose all of my apps and photos oh well this beats sending in the phone to Samsung and paying them to "fix" it. ) The phone is working like new the upload to the phone only took a couple of minutes after the software download. When I was upload the software on the phone I was on the custom os down load screen ( Press and hold volume down, Bixby  key and power at the same time.) 

Dominic-Cai
Active Level 2
Galaxy A

I got the same issue with my S10+ and downloading firmware with supper slow speed, less than 100KB/s. Hopefully, it takes 1-2 days and won't take all of my data. Hic, I had two authentication apps. This may cause me issues when I log in to the systems. I didn't research how to recover in case I lost data or my phone. Thank you for all of your sharing. I will come back with the result.

0 Likes
Dominic-Cai
Active Level 2
Galaxy A

I just give the update, luckily this morning the downloading was completed. However, the Odin loaded around 80% and got stuck for over 1 hour. I think I need to try with a lower version CSC G975FOXMCFUH3.

0 Likes
Dominic-Cai
Active Level 2
Galaxy A

Bad news. After 2 hours of waiting, I was forced to restart the cell phone and got the error "An error has occurred while updating the device software. Use the Emergency recovery function in the Smart Switch PC software." I believed that we should use Smart Switch in the first place.

0 Likes
mak2030
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

Great info here. I don't know what I got myself into until I did this. first time when I messed up another website said to choose BL only in Odin. I did that and got the partition hash of data message. I tried again with info above choosing all 4 items. there is CSC and home_CSC in the firmware folder. choose the second one. ran  start it worked perfect and all my data was still there. hurrayyyy! 

Thank you so much Bahy!!

btw this was for Samsung s10 Plus

0 Likes
geekykiki
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

Does this advice work for Galaxy Tablet, and if so which is my firmware version and please forgive me I am an apple user and trying to help my mom... but how exactly do I get the new firmware on the tablet? Untitled.png

0 Likes