Original topic:

How do I update to One UI 3.0?

(Topic created on: 01-10-2022 12:14 PM)
muwd
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Title, I am using Galaxy A11 and an stuck on One UI 2.1 and have gotten no option to update (I have tried). I would like to update to One UI 3.0 at least. I can't find any download page. I know its not in beta anymore, does anyone know how so I can update? I've tried contacting Samsung Live Chat but everytime I get in line I get kicked because "too many people and our staff are in high demand". I'm really pissed off because it's been quite a while and I cannot find anything to help me to update. I've tried manually updating but realized my Firmware is not compatiable with the things I tried (A115A). I just want to update to One UI 3.0. I don't know why it has to be such a hassle. 
0 Likes
7 Comments
Bouncyknight
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
Custom rom is last resort
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

That depends on whether or not your device has a Locked Bootloader.

If have the North American Snapdragon variant, then you're out of luck.

If you have the Exynos variant, then you can Unlock the Bootloader & Flash away, AFTER you have Root. 

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

You should be able to update to One UI V3.1.

In Settings > About Phone, what is the model number, ie: SM-A11????

Also in About Phone, what does it say in Status Information, Official or?

You presumably tried getting the update from Settings > Software Update?

If you have a computer with Smart Switch installed, you should also be able to get the update to One UI V3.1 using Smart Switch on your computer.

Lastly what Carrier are you with? 

muwd
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I said it in my paragraph, a115a. It says official. I've tried 100 times to update and it says I'm up to date. I did install smart switch and backed everything up, and was trying to download the firmware but got stuck at that part when I was watching a tutorial because I couldn't find any firmware with my model number. I'm unsure about my carrier. Do you mean who I bought it from?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Are you in the US?

That device is an American Galaxy, and I believe that it's locked to AT&T

By "which Carrier", I mean who is your Cell Service Provider.

You can try using an tool called Frija to find the correct Firmware for your device.

Here's the link to it on XDA.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tool-frija-samsung-firmware-downloader-checker.3910594/

Virtually certain, that there's no chance WHATSOEVER that you can Root it though. 

muwd
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Ah, I'm not in the us. I live in canada. I don't have a sim, I use TextNow for calling and texting. I'll try using that, thank you.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Okay, just as long as you know that it's a US device & unlike Canada, US phones can be "Carrier Locked". AT&T is probably the least forgiving of the US Carriers when it comes to installing another Carrier's Firmware, which may be why you've been having difficulty updating.