Original topic:

How long for battery to drain 1 % when surfing net?

(Topic created on: 12-28-2022 10:26 AM)
Vancouvergirl
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

Hi,

I just bought a new Samsing Galaxy A52 A525B/DS.

It drains 1% every 7 minutes, when screen is on and I'm surfing net. 

QUESTION 1: Is this normal?

QUESTION 2: When in use with screen on, how much time do you guys get for a percent, before it goes down a percent?

- I have each app's battery section set on "optimize" for better use. (There are a couple apps that won't allow me to check optimize to save battery however.) I have it set to save power in Device Health, and screen set to save power, and turned off "allow apps to run in background" on each app, and turned notifications off on each app, and uninstalled apps that I could uninstall that I won't use, and have done pretty much everything I read to do, on the  "save battery" list.

Thanks in advance.

VG

2 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

The measurement of 1% every 7 minutes is going to vary on a number of factors, and not sure how it is calculated either.

Here's a screen shot of my device, showing 1% decline every 10 minutes, but if it's an average since unplugged, other app usage should be part of the calculation.

I don't think that what you see on your device is abnormal or a concern. 

My device is a S20 Ultra fwiw.

Screenshot_20221228_132148.jpg

Nylah
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, if the battery is consumed continuously for a long period of time, it may be another factor, so please check the following additionally.

When running multiple apps at the same time, running games or apps that require high resolution and high performance, and turning on auto sync and Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, etc., the battery will drain quickly.

It's recommended to optimize battery usage time by setting Adaptive battery or adding unused apps to sleep depending on your usage pattern.

(Settings > Battery and device care> Battery > More battery settings>Turn Adaptive battery on).

0 Likes