Original topic:

Need Help with Changing Samsung Pay from Indian to Canadian Version

(Topic created on: 08-27-2023 04:38 PM)
galaxygiggle
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A

Hello everyone,

I am currently using a Samsung A53 that I purchased in India. Recently, I successfully changed my Play Store location to Canada, which granted me access to a variety of Canadian apps. However, I've encountered an issue with my Samsung Pay application that I'm hoping the community could assist me with.

Despite changing my Play Store location to Canada and configuring my Galaxy store to reflect this change (even showing paid apps in CAD), I'm still facing challenges with the Samsung pay. Unfortunately, I'm unable to access it. Furthermore, in the Samsung Wallet India version, I've been struggling to add my debit/credit card information.

I've tried following a few tutorials on YouTube, and I even attempted a method suggested in an older post within this forum. Despite my efforts, I find it peculiar that while my Galaxy store settings have transitioned to the Canadian location, my Samsung Pay app remains in the Indian version.

Indian Samsung wallet in Canada location ( you can see the Indian credit cards in the app screenshots

My present Samsung pay even after changing location 

😐

Apps showing CAD Pricing in Galaxy store confirming the location change 

I have attached a screenshot to this post to provide a clearer picture of the situation.

I kindly request your guidance and assistance on how to switch my Samsung Pay from the Indian version to the Canadian version. Any advice, suggestions, or insights from the community would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance for your time and assistance.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Short answer, you can NOT change the region for Samsung Wallet (formerly Pay). 

Samsung Wallet can only be used for the region that it was originally Registered. You could use Samsung Wallet Globally anywhere that your Indian Credit / Debit cards are accepted.  You cannot register for Samsung Wallet in a different country from where it was originally Registered. 

Use Google Pay instead. 

https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/mobile-devices/can-i-use-samsung-pay-in-foreign-countries/

View solution in context

8 Comments
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Short answer, you can NOT change the region for Samsung Wallet (formerly Pay). 

Samsung Wallet can only be used for the region that it was originally Registered. You could use Samsung Wallet Globally anywhere that your Indian Credit / Debit cards are accepted.  You cannot register for Samsung Wallet in a different country from where it was originally Registered. 

Use Google Pay instead. 

https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/mobile-devices/can-i-use-samsung-pay-in-foreign-countries/

galaxygiggle
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Thanks for the info

Let me try Gpay then
Helenna
Options
Galaxy A

Thank you RedDogRabbit.

Hi galaxygiggle, we are good to see that you found the required information from RedDogRabbit.

Kindly contact us back if you need any further assistance.

Brad_D
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Did you find a work around for this? I have the same problem. While I've been able to add my Canadian credit cards and use them for payments and everything, the app itself is still the Indian app which has options for UPI and FastTag refills, etc. which I want to update to the Canadian version of the app to get better features applicable here.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

With Google Pay? Indian device? 

0 Likes
Brad_D
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Yup, Indian device. Both Google Pay and Samsung Wallet (Indian version with UPI, Diglocker, etc) work in Canada with Canadian credit and Debit cards. But just wanted to see if you found a way to change the Samsung Wallet app to the Canadian version rather than the Indian version.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Not possible, unfortunately. 

You should be able to use Samsung Wallet with your Indian Cards, but you can't switch countries. 

0 Likes
Brad_D
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Been able to get it work with Canadian cards too.
Guess I should be happy about that at least.
0 Likes