Original topic:

pixelated videos

(Topic created on: 07-01-2020 01:45 PM)
Lee2lee
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
I was wondering if anyone can explain why when  I take a video either through my phones messaging app or camera app and I share it to my contacts it's very pixelated?  My iphone user contacts complain the quality is horrible or the video is small.  And android users say the same thing.  In this day and age I would hope all phones would be up to par.
I have read in other communities online that it's a Samsung issue and to just use facebook messenger or what's app to send videos.  But to me why should I use another app to do what I want my phone to do?  Come on Samsung!!! I switched because i was tired of apple's eco system and now I cant send good videos to family and friends.  Disappointing to say the least.  My phone is great in all areas except this one issue.
13 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
If you send via MMS, the videos are ultra compressed to fit under the 1MB limit of the standard. As an alternative, try using Samsung Link Sharing. It uploads your videos to Samsung's servers and gives you a link you can share with everyone you want. Quality will be exactly the same as when recorded.

This is the best Samsung (or any Android OEM) can do. Apple does not support RCS (the industry-standard way to share voluminus data via carriers) and they keep iMessage to themselves.
Lee2lee
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
I tried sending it to myself through link sharing still the same
0 Likes
Lee2lee
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
that quality is on the preview there is the same when you play the video
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
You should submit there picture on this forum for viewing quality.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
You're doing it wrong. Take the video with the camera app. That's a pre-compressed video there.
Lee2lee
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
hey I'm not techy and I'm 50 years old take it easy on an old lady lol!
0 Likes
Lee2lee
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
sometimes I like to send a video from the messaging app... I go to send a message and think hey I want to show so and so my dog sniffing a flower let's say..... I choose the option take video... and that is what happens.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Whoops, sorry. Didn't mean to sound like that.

OK so you're describing the process to make a MMS-compliant video. In the future, you should instead open the Camera app and record there. When you're done, open the video you just recorded and upload it to Link Sharing.
Lee2lee
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
ok an extra step I shouldn't have to take but that's ok.... what happens when my iphone contacts get the link?? they just download it??
0 Likes