Original topic:

Private DNS entering 2 values

(Topic created on: 07-22-2019 01:37 PM)
Sam31
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
Does anyone know how to enter 2 DNS values? Also why can you not enter a direct IP address?

0 Likes
11 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
When you try to connect to a new WiFi access point, select Advanced Settings, and in advanced settings select Static instead of DCHP. Here you can enter up to 2 DNS settings and select an IP address for the network only. Your global IP will be determined by your ISP.
0 Likes
Sam31
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
That is not what I'm looking for. The IP should be dynamic I only want to change the private DNS to allow 2 entries.
0 Likes
Sparkplug
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Your carrier will likely hijack your DNS regardless of where you tried to send it unless you use something like the "1.1.1.1" app that encrypts the traffic and sends it to cloudflare. Not going to be easy if you're trying to avoid region locks, a VPN is probably the best option for that
0 Likes
Sam31
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
irrelvant
0 Likes
Sparkplug
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
the carrier hijack is going to break what you're trying to do. most hijack port 53 request and redirect them. You're look for the equivalent of a local hosts file and I don't believe Android has one.
0 Likes
Sam31
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
I have notified Samsung if the deficiency
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
I am running a DNS server at home. I put my server's address in my router's internal LAN configuration. my DNS is set to query the regular ISP's DNS if it fails to resolve. any Denice connected to my network will get my DNS server first via the DHCP configuration, and then my NS will forward off the request if it doesn't have the info. you cannot put a dynamic address as your DNS server because the whole point of a DNS is that it never changes address, and can always be found at the same IP
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
I have entered one.one.one.one which Is cloud flares DNS over HTTPS in the private DNS field and Samsung's internet browser does not use DOH as shown by cloud flares test 1.1.1.1/help
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
DNS doesn't exist over HTTPS. DNS uses UDP port 53, not HTTPS (TCP port 443). you're confused as to what DNS is.
0 Likes