Original topic:

RCS for samsung messages

(Topic created on: 08-02-2021 04:54 AM)
piman
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy A
Morning, 

Anyone knows when i can expect the new version of messages. I am with fido. Thanks
11 Comments
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, I suggest you to check with your carrier.

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

You can check to see if there's a new version of Samsung Messages on apk mirror as well as the Play Store or Galaxy Store. 

0 Likes
piman
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
I did check the play store and galaxy one nothing showed up.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Check the installed version of Samsung Messages on your phone against what is available on apk mirror to see if there's a newer version.

piman
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
I tried downloading the July 23rd it didn't install. My messages version is 12.1.40.1 guess I'll wait for the provider (Fido). Thank you
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Yeah I think that it's because if an app is a system app, Samsung uses a different "signature" for the apk. I don't think that it's always been like that? 

If there was a newer version of Samsung Messages on apk mirror, you could try this. Settings > Apps >Samsung Messages & uninstall all updates > Reboot & Update Samsung Messages. It *MIGHT* force the newer version to be installed from the Play Store or Galaxy Store.

There really isn't likely to be much of a change between versions if you already have Samsung Messages 12.x

KOTS21
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Try to uninstall the app and reapply it worked for me and I'm on Videotron Screenshot_20210802-192650_Messages.jpg
0 Likes
piman
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
I don't see how since it's a default app. I have the force stop only option..how did you do?
0 Likes
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
I was using the Google messaging app and decided to go back to the Samsung messaging app and it updated automatically