Original topic:

Galaxy store app descriptions

(Topic created on: 07-31-2021 03:27 PM)
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy A
 The galaxy store doesnt describes app permissions to users. The Android store describes app features why doesn't the galaxy store ?

Where can I find preinstalled Samsung app? I do not see apps like camera or my files on the galaxy store?

6 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Settings > Apps > Click to Show > Toggle to show system apps. ie: My Files etc & you can view the permissions for them. 

31 July 2021 191238 GMT-0400.jpg

31 July 2021 191245 GMT-0400.jpg

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Screenshot_20210801-081917_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210801-081939_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210801-082056_Permission controller.jpg

Halston
Options
Galaxy A

Thank you RedDogRabbit for providing the information.
Hey SamSungtwo,
Please follow the steps provided by RedDogRabbit and get back to us with the results.

SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
The question asks how the permissions used for a specific app. Google play store Cleary identifies how permissions are used.

I also asked where in the galaxy store are the preinstalled apps which I take it are not in the galaxy store only on the user's phone.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

You've been shown how to see the preinstalled ie: system apps & how to view their permissions.

As for the Galaxy Store, Samsung does a poor job of providing specific information & Samsung's app developers do an even worse job of updating their apps.

You're not going to get the answer you want from Samsung, it'll be "taken as valuable feedback".

If you're so concerned about security, permissions & privacy, that ship has already sailed if you've been using the Internet for any length of time.

Accept that there's things that you can't change. 

SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Halston, their is no method of getting permission information on preinstalled Samsung apps?
0 Likes