Original topic:

Samsung Calculator not working

(Topic created on: 08-18-2022 04:37 PM)
Bex345
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
My Samsung Calculator app (or other calculator apps) seem to give me incorrect answers. Whenever I type 1÷9, I'd get 0.11111... But when I take that answer and multiply it back by 9, instead of getting 1, I get 0.999999...

My friend who owns an older model of Samsung Galaxy A gets 1 when he types the same calculations.

Is it my phone that has the issue or the app? 
12 Comments
Galaxy A
How many of you guys tried this on your own calculator 🤭

So @Bex345 have you had a chance to download a different calculator from Google Play to see if you get the same answer
0 Likes
Bex345
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Yup. Downloaded the iOS calculator as I've been an iPhone user for years and decided it was time for a change. Got the same result... of 0.99999...
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Hmmmmm.....what region is your phone set too. I'm not sure why this would matter but still worth to check.
0 Likes
Bex345
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Thanks for helping :) Don't think it's a region problem. My friend and I are set to the same region.
0 Likes
Nylah
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, we recommend you to try to clear Cache and data on the application , please follow the steps given below :

1. From Settings, swipe to and tap Apps. Select the Calculator application. Tap Storage, and then tap Clear cache (bottom right button).

2. From Settings, swipe to and tap Apps. Select the calculator application. Tap Storage, tap Clear data, and then tap OK. This will completely wipe the app and reset it to the original settings.

After clearing the cache and data, restart your device and check if it resolves the issue.

0 Likes
Bex345
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Thank you :)
I've tried your suggestion and unfortunately it did not work. I've also tried deleting and reinstalling the app. I guess it's a problem with the phone? (A53)
samy2022
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
I have the same result with my A53 5g Screenshot_20220818-211821_Calculator.jpgScreenshot_20220818-211706_Calculator.jpg
Bex345
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I am so glad it's not just me!!
Nylah
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, please send error report to our developers team by using the Samsung members app.

So that, our team will look into the issue that you are facing with and they try to get it resolved soon.

Samsung Members >> Get Help >> Send Feedback >> Error Reports >> [select error type] >> attach a description and tick ‘send system log data’ >> Send.

0 Likes