Original topic:

security patch level August 1 2019

(Topic created on: 09-20-2019 04:11 PM)
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy A
I have received a security patch level for my A50 and received it on Sept 10 2019.

The size of the file is 435.06Mb where can I find details on the patch? I have asked Samsung for firmware values confirmation from their web E mail for software already on the phone and they refused. 
6 Comments
EnZ143PoGi
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
This is the 2nd or third time you had complained about this.
You can check this out yourself.
Go to settings > software update > last update > what's new, use the drop down menu on the left (same line as what's new), check Learn more, there will be a link SPECIFICALLY for your device and whoever your carrier is. Check the build number, if it matches with yours for the latest, then its good. Usually the website gives 3 different build numbers but one of them should match with your phone. Also, this option may not be available if the update that was done is a huge software upgrade, e.g. Pie to Android 11.
Edit: 3 build numbers on website, match the one for your phone, not 3 builds on phone, match one said in the link, my bad.
EnZ143PoGi
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Or check the latest security patch month and match it to the same month once you clicked on the link.
Normally even if the newest security patches have been globally released by Samsung themselves, focken Canadian carriers take their sweet-**bleep** time to 'test' it for their network, hence why your security patch month is at least a month late from what the actual month is.
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
after installing the security patch I noticed that a QR scanner was installed but I did not see this in any description. Do you know where I would find that information?
0 Likes
EnZ143PoGi
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Native QR scanner support was added with the One UI update this year, if I was not mistaken. However, considering that its an A-series device and not the flagship S-series, then it might have been pushed back update after update.
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
I found the Samsung website https://security.samsungmobile.com/securityUpdate.smsb

I would like to know if the patch is displayed in setting -》about phone-》software information or does it just show as security patch August 1 2019? The date of when it becomes available is not as important if you I can identify the patch.
0 Likes
EnZ143PoGi
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
And yes, it should be displayed in that part of the setting. Look at Baseband Version. That is basically the firmware your phone is running on. Try to match it on the latest two patches your device had.(Along with your security patch. - normally a month behind what the current month is.)
0 Likes