Original topic:

Unsupported SD card message

(Topic created on: 12-12-2022 07:40 PM)
helplessinNL
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
I keep getting this message since upgrading to android 12, is there a simple way to fix it.
0 Likes
5 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

If it were my device, I'd copy everything from the sd card to my computer, then Format the sd card with my computer. Reinsert the sd card into my phone & see if you get the error again. 

If you don't, then I'd copy everything back to the sd card & check again. 

Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A

RDRs suggestion is what I would do also

It might be a bug after the software update or could be a difference in how your SD is checked and found a problem with it but either way when backed up to the computer your files and pictures etc. from the SD are safe and formatting might clear the problem

Helenna
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, we recommend you to Remove and reinsert the microSD into your device. Sometimes this can help resolve the issue. Make sure the SD card is correctly inserted into the slot or tray.

If the previous steps do not work, Format the MicroSD card. Before formatting the SD card, test it with another device and back up any important data.

Navigate to and open Settings, and then tap Battery and Device care. Tap Storage, tap More options (The three vertical dots), and then tap Advanced. Tap SD card, and then tap Format. Tap Format again to confirm.

Formatting the SD card may help resolve the errors.

0 Likes
SPINCH88
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I suggest you quit being an **bleep** hat and fix this with a software update I am returning this tablet I have never liked Samsung I bought this with high hopes but it's literally trash
0 Likes
SPINCH88
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I spoke with Samsung rep last night and tried to fix the sd card issue but he said it's a software issue hopefully with 13 os it will clear it up we are supposed to get 13 this month but do not hold your breath my suggestion would be to get a Lenovo tablet they are far more superior than Samsung
0 Likes