Original topic:

Camera is blurry

(Topic created on: 09-01-2021 12:41 PM)
Indigogirl
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy J
Hi , anyone knows what to do when that happens? Just got Samsung 21, can't take pics, blurry. Would appreciate your help. Tks!
9 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J

Did you remember to remove the plastic protective film that there covering the lens 😉

Georgine
Options
Galaxy J

Hi, Welcome to the Samsung Members Community Canada. Please set the scene for a clear photo and check if the issue still persists.

Lighting

The most important element of any photo is the amount of indirect light it receives. If a light is shining directly at the camera, it can cause areas of both overexposure and underexposure in the same image. An underexposed photo will appear dark and fuzzy or spotty, whereas overexposure will look bright and washed out.

The camera on your mobile device can automatically adjust the exposure to get enough light; however, the camera may have difficulty focusing or fully exposing the photo in some lighting situations.

Speed of motion

Moving the camera while taking a photo, or taking a photo of a moving subject can very easily create blur. To maximize your photo clarity, hold your phone or tablet as still as possible, and make sure your subject is well lit. When taking a panoramic photo or tracking a moving subject, keep your movements slow and steady to prevent blurring.

Distance and zoom

If you are too close to your subject, the camera will not be able to focus. The standard lens will work best when your subject is at least 12 inches away. Try moving away from your subject and zooming in to frame the shot. The telephoto lens needs at least 20 inches to properly focus. The Hybrid Optical 10x Zoom lens on the Galaxy S21 will have its best results from 32 inches away. If your device has an Ultra-Wide lens, try moving closer and zooming out. You will need to be at least 4 inches from your subject.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J

Nice cut & paste, but the member doesn't have the S20, they have the S21.

Since they just received the phone, I'd bet dollars to donuts, that they haven't removed the protective film that is there for shipping etc. Once they receive the phone, they have to remove it from the screen, back (optional) AND the plastic firm over the camera's lens. 

KOTS21
Active Level 10
Galaxy J

I think you're 100% right I've seen this before.

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J

Yeah, me too. I'd like to know how the Samsung Moderator's post, about lighting, speed of motion or distance & zoom addresses anything to do with the member's issue.

Maybe they felt that a short story on the art of photography was needed.. 🙄 

KOTS21
Active Level 10
Galaxy J

Sounds professional I guess

williams2e
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy J

Please clean the rear's phone camera with a clean cloth. Now, follow these steps to clear the Cache:

Settings > Apps > 3 dots (top right) > Show System Apps > Camera > Storage > Clear Cache and restart your phone, leaving the device completely off for 3-5 minutes before turning it back on.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J

Spam link in the post = REPORTED

@samsung_ben When are you going to take the advice, and prevent new members from posting links & images? 

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J

Monetizing Spam hyperlink = REPORTED 

0 Likes