Original topic:

After upgrading to Android 12, the voice control and S Pen not working properly in Camera mode

(Topic created on: 02-22-2022 10:04 PM)
corporatei
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note

After upgrading the Note 10 + to Android 12, the voice control and S Pen does not working properly in Camera mode.  When pressing the button on the S Pen, it no longer takes a photo at all.   Also, the voice activation is delayed by 2 secs instead of being instantaneous and sometimes it does not recognize the voice "cheese" or "capture".  Usually after saying "cheese" or "capture", the camera takes a photo right away in less than 0.5 secs.  Now it takes more than 1.5 to 2 secs.

0 Likes
14 Comments
RenatoNapoli
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Good Morning. I did an update at the beginning of February on my s21 plus and after that I'm having several problems. my phone looks like an old phone. what should I do? How can I go back to the previous version? is now 12 4.0. I have a lot of problems
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
@corporatei - After major OS upgrade, please try the following:

- Power off your phone
- Press and hold vol up and power key until you are in recovery mode
- use vol up and down to navigate
- select Wipe Cache Partition
- press power key to confirm
- click yes
- click reboot system

Test if problem still exist.
0 Likes
corporatei
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I actually tried that and still has the problem.
0 Likes
Brantley
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, Did you try camera reset from camera settings? Camera app >> settings >> Reset.

0 Likes
corporatei
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I have tried that too, and still has this problem.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
There is a update now February 23, 2022

Maybe it could help you ?
OR
Try to reset the S-Pen

Cassidy_0-1645658199500.jpegCassidy_0-1645657537975.jpegCassidy_1-1645657635456.jpeg
0 Likes
corporatei
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note

Going to the S Pen menu, there is no such option to press the S Pen button as a shutter, nor does it have any option to reset the S Pen.  Cannot reset the S Pen.

Screenshot_20220223-185543_Air command.jpg

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Go in Air action and click on Hold down the Pen button. Be sure it's activate and camera is enable too
0 Likes
corporatei
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note

So can you tell the software engineers to fix this bug?  this is clearly a software issue.  It was not like this before upgrade to Android 12.