Original topic:

Android 10 Lag on Note10+

(Topic created on: 01-07-2020 12:10 PM)
ziom
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
Has anyone else seen noticeable Lag after updating to Android 10 in the galaxy s10 or Note10+.

Using the samsung launcher, there is lag when scrolling through the app drawer and multitasking.

I have tried, 
cleaning my dalvik cache
Removing my SD card
Updating all apps for android 10
And performing the built in device care optimization 

I think a performance update is needed to take care of this.

The multitasking lag becomes worse during the day until phone is restarted. 

Update 31012020: I finally decided to factory reset my phone. This did not work. I use nova launcher and uninstalled it as well. Lag still remains.

I have found that the lag only appears after about 20+ apps are in the recent apps menu. However this issue did not happen in Android 9. What is also interesting my moms s10 exhibits the same behaviour.

Further I have gone into developer options and when I set Animator level from 1x to 0x, the lag is gone. This is the only solution. However the downside to this is that instead of animations of loading wheels or progress bars, there is just a static circular arrow. I hope Samsunf fixes this issue.
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
No lag on my N10+
0 Likes
ziom
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
yeah I really wanted to avoid the factory reset, bc I tend to customize nuances in app that arent backupabale. but I'll do that worse case. thanks all
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
It doesn't take as long as you may remember - I've got a bunch of apps that require me to run adb commands for them & if all else fails - a Factory Reset can do an amazing job of getting your device running at it's best 🐧
0 Likes
Deevvv
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
no lag on my note 10+. Instead I have more speed and see no lag at all
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
I'm thinking that since @ziom has "customize nuances in app" as I do (but I Factory Reset) that the Update Script in the OTA may not be designed to accommodate customized apps - Which MAY result in lag after applying the OTA.... but that's just a guess 🐧
0 Likes
SoundIntentions
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note
I haven't noticed any lag after the first hour of rebuilding cache etc, but I DID notice my recent apps button stopped working, and I can no longer swipe up for app drawer, it's like the drawer starts to open but then gets stuck. Might have to try the backup and restore via Smart Switch PC
0 Likes
Higira
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
nope. note10+ here it honestly feel faster but battery drained a lot more.
0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
I'm assuming faster is associated with a refreshed operating system... and quicker drain is in part because the battery optimization is starting from scratch again, and as a user, you are likely to fiddle with your device more after an update...

Itll likely normalize after a week or so
0 Likes
Higira
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
well... I can at least say for sure the finger print sensor is faster. probably the animation is making me feel like everything is faster too. yeah I agree it'll normalize in a week. but let me enjoy my time with it lol
0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
since you have a n10, why dont you hit the screen record button and demonstrate the lag... maybe that will help with more suggestions
0 Likes