Original topic:

Battery drain on Note 8 with Dec security patch

(Topic created on: 12-19-2019 10:03 AM)
Hny
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Heavy drain in battery, plz don't update to dec security patch.
12 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Make a wipe cache partition, it should resolve your problem...

After doing all the steps above and the problem still continues, then there’s a chance that this is a firmware problem especially if it started without apparent reason or cause. By wiping the cache partition, you’re actually deleting all system caches so that they’ll be replaced with new ones. Sometimes system caches get corrupted and when the firmware continues to use them, performance issues may occur. Follow these steps to delete and replace old system caches:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the green Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight ‘wipe cache partition’.
  5. Press Power button to select.
  6. Press the Volume down key until ‘yes’ is highlighted and press the Power button.
  7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
  8. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Source : the droid guy

Hny
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
already did that, but the problem still persist.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Hny
I think you don't have other solution than Reset your device with Factory Reset. I know, this is the most impopular solution but...You can also check if you can find something else in that place :
https://thedroidguy.com/samsung-galaxy-note8-troubleshooting
0 Likes
Hny
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
thnx #cassidy but this is not ideal solution
0 Likes
dmflash
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Same here , I did a factory reset and now my phone completely freezes up at times.
0 Likes
Hny
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
yup, thought so. even restarting or shutdown takes a long time.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Hny

I just read in your other post than you complain for the same thing and this was BEFORE the last security update...Why don't you simply uninstall draining applications ?

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Note/Note-8-july-security-patch-battery-issue/td-p/571228

0 Likes
Hny
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
cassidy
that was back in july & i still use the same apps i had then. my apps don't have issue. problem is with samsung. they don't check before sending the ota's.
November security patch was great beside some bugs with android auto. Battery was good too. its not like i hate samsung or what. But when u have paid so much u have some expectations right.
0 Likes
nickyy
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
The Nov build is the best for battery usage. Don't update to Dec build. If you want to rollback to Nov (using Oddin), make sure backup everything to S-cloud or external usb stick first!!!
0 Likes