Original topic:

Check charger/USB port

(Topic created on: 08-28-2021 04:39 AM)
Opiate725
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
This error has been following me for 4 days now. 
Clean port, dry, reboot device... nothing. Who knew a small image of a raindrop would drive me to a breaking point. 
9 Comments
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, could you share the screenshots for further assistance?

0 Likes
Opiate725
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
This is the error. Anything I do it just keeps coming back. Screenshot_20210828-085904_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, Samsung phones will not charge if moisture is present in the charging port. This is a preventative measure added to avoid corrosion. However, you will still be able to charge the phone with a wireless charger if you have one. A popup message will display if moisture is detected in the charging port when the phone is plugged into a wired charger.

Warning: To avoid electric shock and damage to your phone, do not charge the phone while it is wet or in an area where it could get wet. Do not handle the phone, charger, or cords with wet hands while charging. Do not insert any object into the charging port. This can result in damage to the charging port. Remove the moisture.

If you try to connect your phone to the charger while the charging port is wet, you will hear an alarm go off and a message will appear that says to disconnect the phone.

The alarm will continue to sound until the charger is disconnected. Gently shake the phone to help remove water or moisture from the port.

0 Likes
Members_uBxLpla
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

The same thing happen to me except that my phone was connect to an external batterie when it rain. the shoc kill it and I tried to recover my contact since then. He is dead 😪

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

My "go to" with any electronics & moisture, is a baggy half filled with UNCOOKED rice. Leave it overnight & if moisture was indeed the issue, this should clear it up. 

Galaxy Note
Did you check if there is anything inside the cable tip?
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
Maybe try a Q-tip with some rubbing Alcohol. I had a similar issue in the past and this seem to work for me. If nothing else is working.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

This moisture issue is kind of ridiculous, when you consider the ip68 ratings. So ONLY ip68 if you have a wireless charger, or 20 lbs of rice? 😂

Opiate725
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
So follow up. Nothing worked. Lol...took it to repair shop. $95 to open it up and clean the charging port. Fixed the issue. Surprised a bit of moisture caused an issue like that considering the water resistance rating.
0 Likes