Original topic:

Finally, OneUI and Android 10. But...

(Topic created on: 03-09-2020 05:25 PM)
alainlafond
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
Just received the update to Android 10 and OneUI 2.0 to my Note 9 canadian edition (the last of the whole word).
But with february security update. We'll have march update in december... 
For me Samsung is dead. I'll use this phone till I'll feel the need to switch. But for sure won't be a Samsung phone. They lost track of their customers long time ago. 
Only figuring why they removed the headphones jack... 
Samsung out! 
7 Comments
alainlafond
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Addendum : I am in Thailand now.
I tried to put my phone in thai language before. I ask Samsung support, they answered that I would able to do with next update. CANNOT!
The worst part of this is that, if you buy a Note 9 in Thailand you can set any languages you need : including Canada French or Canada English.
You have another canadian exclusive here again. How lucky are we.
Jeremie
Options
Galaxy Note

@alainlafond

Please follow the below steps to change the language to thai :

Open settings >> general management >> language and input >> language >> add language >> tap on three dots at top right >> add languages >> scroll down and select the language as shown in the below image.

20200310_042002.jpg

0 Likes
alainlafond
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Yes try to do it yourself. And you'll see. You can't. It offers the possibility. But almost nothing is change. I've been coming to Thailand for 8 years believe me when I say I know how to switch to Thai language.
0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
why dont you just save yourself some agony, get what you can for your Note9, and then switch to a Pixel, or Apple. You might not get ur headphone jack, but at least you'll get those updates that are important to you. That way you can be happy, and join the pixel forum to share all of your happiness.
0 Likes
alainlafond
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
For sure that's what I'll do for next phone. I'll save a lot of money and I'll have faster upgrades. Maybe a Xiaomi phone... It's sad because all those years samsung was listening to their users. Now they want to be the trending phone company. I'm no I-Sheep...
0 Likes
Jeremie
Options
Galaxy Note

@alainlafond

The 3.5 mm jack has been removed to pursue additional values. By deleting the 3.5 mm jack, the device improves a design perfection allowing the slimmest Note device of 7.9 mm. And, it allows expanding battery capacity. However, you may purchase type C to 3.5 MM jack convertor. 

0 Likes
alainlafond
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Yes, I know. Samsung know my needs better than I do. I heard that from Apple before. And the battery excuse is bovine scatology. Have ever opened a phone. You'd see that there's plenty of room.
0 Likes