Original topic:

Galaxy Note 20 5G Camera Issue "Warning recording failed"

(Topic created on: 01-04-2021 03:17 PM)
Tekonsite
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G on November 27 2020 and in just under a month my video camera stopped working.  I open the Samsung camera app and select record button and within seconds I get this message... "Warning, recording failed".  I have contacted Samsung and I have had the phone inspected and it looks to be a failed camera module.  Samsung states they will replace the part and now have to open the phone and replace the module.  I feel this is unacceptable for a flagship phone and I want my phone replaced with a new one.  I have read this issue is very common and the Samsung tech advised he has been receiving multiple calls for the same issue for this phone.  I want a new phone as replacing a part is not acceptable and my phone is now going to be refurbished. 
0 Likes
6 Comments
theFOX
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
I agree with you that you should be able to get another new one ( even not the same, if you wanted ) ; but unfortunately they do not have to do so ! Keep asking and they might relent .
PS: Otherwise I hope you are having a Merry Christmas Season !
0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
sounds like already diagnosed by Samsung... but just in case, this can sometimes happen when/if you have a poor quality/ defective SD card in the phone. If you have an SD card installed, you might want to try removing it and then shoot some vid.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Tekonsite, Please check the direct message I sent you by following the below instructions and reply to us with the requested information. Log in to the web version of Samsung Members community Canada and click on the Message icon at the top right(Samsung Members) >> Inbox >> Reply to the DM(Direct Message).

0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hey Tekonsite,
Please check the direct message that I sent you and reply to us with the requested information. 
I suggest you to follow the above steps on a computer to access the Direct Message and reply back to us.

0 Likes
Tekonsite
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
The issue has been fixed by Samsung. The motherboard was replaced and has fixed the issue.
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, Glad to know that the issue got resolved. Thanks for taking the time to share this information with us in the community.

0 Likes