Original topic:

Galaxy note 9 broke after security patch level August 1 2020

(Topic created on: 09-07-2020 05:33 PM)
Chandermohan89
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note

My samaung galaxy note 9 keeps turning off when not in use. Its started happening since yesterday morning (Sunday, September 6th 2020) after updating the security patch level August 1st 2020. I cleared all internet cache, tried using safe mode (made sure no third party app is causing it) and did the factory reset, but still facing the same issue. Phone is working fine while in use, however as soon as I am putting it down it just turns off and I have to press the power key to turn it on. Any suggestions???

0 Likes
5 Comments
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Chandermohan89,

Please try to wipe the cache partition of your device and check.
Follow the below steps:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key. Then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.

0 Likes
Chandermohan89
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I wiped cache partition as well it didn't work either.

0 Likes
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy Note
As you have performed a Factory reset and this didn't fix the issue, your device needs to be examined by the Samsung Authorised Technician. Please contact our live chat support team. They will help you further.
You need to book an appointment before going to Samsung Authorized service centers by contacting our live chat support team.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

And your display device is set to be open how long before he close ?

20200908_000244.jpg

0 Likes
Chandermohan89
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

30 seconds 

0 Likes