Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Help for music sound

(Topic created on: 05-06-2021 11:36 AM)
RickyWolf
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Can someone tells me why my UHQ sound option is not available on my Galaxy note 20 ultra? Thanks for any suggestion. 

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy Note
I guess...if you read those small words, it does mention when you wear headphones. So, you need to wear headphones and your headphones support this UHQ function.

View solution in context

Solution
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Thank you Tallman for your information.
Hi RickyWolf,
Glad to know that your problem got resolved and thanks for accepting the solution, it will be helpful for other members with the same query.
As mentioned by Tallman and Deeezzyyy, please try the original Samsung USB-C wired earphones on your phone and check the UHQ sound option. Please note that Samsung always recommends to use the original accessories with the phone to get a better experience from the device.
Here is the link for Samsung wired earphones: https://www.samsung.com/ca/audio-sound/others/premium-headset-level-in-ear-black-eo-ig935bbegca/
The link for Type-C to 3.5mm Audio Aux Adapter: https://www.samsung.com/ca/mobile-accessories/usb-c-headset-jack-adapter-ee-uc10juwegca/
We suggest you to verify with our dedicated accessories team SamsungCanadaparts.com through a phone call so that they will help you with the available options.
Here is the SamsungCanadaparts.com phone number:1-877-407-6593(Toll-Free).
You can also contact the Samsung authorized stores(Costco, Staples, Wallmart, BestBuy, Videotron etc...) to purchase the Samsung wired earphones for your mobile.

View solution in context

11 Comments
Solution
Galaxy Note
I guess...if you read those small words, it does mention when you wear headphones. So, you need to wear headphones and your headphones support this UHQ function.
RickyWolf
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Ok. Thank you. Tough, I'm wearing Bluetooth earbuds from JBL. So, I guess that means the earbuds cannot support this function.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note

Yes, you need to plug USB-C headphone (wired) in order to use it. Not wireless bluetooth.

For your reference

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Enable Greyed Out UHQ UPSCALER Enhance Sound Resolution For Music & Video -...

0 Likes
RickyWolf
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
But the fact is, even with Samsung wired earbuds (with USB C adapter) the UHQ function still not available.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
I tried with Samsung original AKG headphones from Note10+, as soon as I pluged in, I can enable it.

20210506_144923_43592.jpg

Screenshot_20210506-145113_SoundAlive_43594.jpg

RickyWolf
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Unfortunately, Galaxy note 20 ultra doesn't come with headphones in the box. I must use older earbuds with USB-C adapter or my more recent Bluetooth earbuds. Neither seems to be compatible with UHQ function. Thanks a lot for your help.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
I see. seems like only AKG original headphones work.
0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
I think what needs to be done is that you need to find a pair of original Samsung usb-C earbuds to plug in your phone so that it checks the wired earbuds firmware and update if needed.

I got curious after seeing this post and went to do that. It said "checking for firmware".

And then I tried plugging in my older earbuds with the 3.5mm jack adapter and my UHQ option is enabled.

Screenshot_20210507-024531_SoundAlive_26088.jpg

20210507_024349_26086.jpg

Solution
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Thank you Tallman for your information.
Hi RickyWolf,
Glad to know that your problem got resolved and thanks for accepting the solution, it will be helpful for other members with the same query.
As mentioned by Tallman and Deeezzyyy, please try the original Samsung USB-C wired earphones on your phone and check the UHQ sound option. Please note that Samsung always recommends to use the original accessories with the phone to get a better experience from the device.
Here is the link for Samsung wired earphones: https://www.samsung.com/ca/audio-sound/others/premium-headset-level-in-ear-black-eo-ig935bbegca/
The link for Type-C to 3.5mm Audio Aux Adapter: https://www.samsung.com/ca/mobile-accessories/usb-c-headset-jack-adapter-ee-uc10juwegca/
We suggest you to verify with our dedicated accessories team SamsungCanadaparts.com through a phone call so that they will help you with the available options.
Here is the SamsungCanadaparts.com phone number:1-877-407-6593(Toll-Free).
You can also contact the Samsung authorized stores(Costco, Staples, Wallmart, BestBuy, Videotron etc...) to purchase the Samsung wired earphones for your mobile.