Original topic:

How did an administrator create a work profile for me and why cant I delete it!

(Topic created on: 10-16-2021 04:21 AM)
fakyouall
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
The is my personal cell and I have never used it for work?? 

Have I been hacked?...
0 Likes
9 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Did you download an app, that requires Device Admin to use it?

If you did, Search for "Admin" in Settings & if you don't want to use the app anymore, then Toggle off Device Admin permission & then you can uninstall it. 

fakyouall
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note
Thanks Reddograbbit...and no I never did download and app at least not intentionally...I will try your suggestion and get back to you...curious would it be related to the use of the safe box option?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

If you mean the Secure Folder, then yes it can be used to create a "work profile".

Go to Settings & Search for "Work" & then Click on Work & you should be able to Toggle it OFF if it's On & vice-versa. 

fakyouall
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note
Will that disrupt settings outside of the work profile in the secure folder?
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

No it shouldn't. The purpose of the Secure Folder is to isolate it's contents from the rest of the device. 

0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi AlwaysWATTSon, I suggest you to try the suggestions provided by RedDogRabbit. Thank you for the response, RedDogRabbit.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
I have the same problem but my permissions are locked and says it can only be done by the administrator. I don't have an admistrator. There several things locked down and unavailable, it tells me to contact my admin... I am baffled
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Is it a company provided phone, or is it one you purchased?

What is the model number? 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
It's mine, personal phone paid for by me. To work connection at all. I have weird thing where it shows me my google and Samsung account and beneath it , there a button that says switch to personal account. If you click it, it looks like an overlay is lifted because it's the exact same account very bizarre
0 Likes